Painted Calipers

i was thinking about doing my yellow to...I've got a sunlight silver p5...anyways...looks good!

hey that looks like my car before i lowered it!!!! LOWER YOURS!!! The MP3 looks SO much more agressive lowered. there is a difference between cold air and short ram intakes BTW. Cold air WILL get "colder air". But I dont like them because it takes a split second longer for that air to get in since its farther away. and i live in houston, when it rains, it pours. if the floods come (at least once or twice a year) you wont want that filter suckin up all the water. but an advantage of the injen CAI is that you can use it as a CAI or SRI! Just dont run that downward pipe, thats how my msp is. ill post a pic in a second. heres your mp3 so peeps can see it strait up. all you do is hit that mountain wiht the sun over it button, type in the url of the pic and hit that sun button again and bam, you got yourself a picture!!!
2054715_8_full.jpg

2054715_9_full.jpg

2054715_10_full.jpg

I used the Spray on stuff that I used on my last car and a couple of my other friends use. It looks great for spray on and of course its heat resistant. Its called VHT, I believe. How much for lowering?

dude the yellow goes nicely with blue ..imo...

i used the duplicolor in red ....as my p-5 is yellow...i have 2 coats on now and it looks pretty good

doing the calipers by hand is by far the less messiest ........lol no overspray, no covering everything up ....

anyhow man it looks good

yup i used the hand painted one. the picture above exact one. just dont use the brush they give u, it falls apart n leaves the hair in you paint its a b**** to get the hair out lol. but looks good. painted mine yellow too lol. but when u change your brakes or have to remove your caliber. make sure you be extremely careful, the paint likes to chip easy as crap if it hits something else.... it really sucks. o ya n dont power wash them my dad did that to my car n was far away from my rims like a good 7-10 feet n still the paint came off just some warnings hehe

I've never been much of a fan of the yellow calipers on MP3's. Granted it does match the strut bar and floor mats, just never could do it myself. I used some random Duplicolor caliper paint at Advanced Auto called Ford Blue. It is an almost perfect match for the body color of the MP3 for anybody who is interested.

I used the Duplicolor metal cast blue annodized paint on my laser blue P5 but that yellow looks good too.

Isn't laser blue an awesome color? I think I'll go out into the garage and stare at my car for a little bit.

Just kidding

or am I?

Here is my cardomain site with pictures of my calipers done with the annodized paint.

http://www.cardomain.com/profile/rednecks_r_us

rednecks_r_us said:
I think I'll go out into the garage and stare at my car for a little bit.
i do it all the time. especially now that i have 2 laser blue mica proteges. oh damn i just wet myself! (hump)

Yeah everytime i look at my car in the parking lot after work or when its in my garage i cant go without saying "GOD DAMN I'VE GOT A HOT CAR."

Alpinejwl said:
i was thinking about doing my yellow to...I've got a sunlight silver p5...anyways...looks good!
Honestly dont do yellow on a silver car, doesnt look right in my opinion

this is what i did whith my silver car for calipers, looks better in person though

Painted%20Brakes%20007.jpg

Painted%20Brakes%20008.jpg

Painted%20Brakes%20011.jpg

Red calipers would look nice on your silver car, you'd just have to cover up your mazda writing on it if you didnt want that to be painted over.

i did mine silver. they were yellow when i bought the car. it seems as though everyone uses yellow. looks good, but used too much imo.

sampson said:
i did mine silver. they were yellow when i bought the car. it seems as though everyone uses yellow. looks good, but used too much imo.

i always see red. yellow is way more rare. i mean yeah, theres a few of us on here using yellow but every modded car i see around town uses red. thats one reason i wanted yellow, if i wanted to be like everyone else i would have bought a civic.

^^^i meant that every one with an mp3 uses yellow. i am not saying that it does not look good, i guess there are not many options of colors that look good on a blue car.

Back