paint question.

sleeperms6

:
2007 MS6, black Mica
So when I get to work today, I back up into my alley and dont know what the hell i was thinking that i didnt watch how close i got to the wall and i hit my rear bumper in the center. No cracks except dimples/dot sized scratches in the center of the rear bumper. I was so pissed at my self. My question is, does anyone have any idea how much i should expect to pay to get the bumper fixed and repainted professionaly. Im probably gonna take it to the chrysler dealer bodyshop here since the shop manager has done previous work. I have the black mica paint, so I dont know how hard or how many steps it takes to lay it on. I know with my pearl white eclipse i paid about 800 to get the whole driver side painted when it got broken into a couple years ago. So any suggestions or how much i should expect to pay let me know. thanks.

My black mica speed 6 comes back either today or Monday. I have those same dimple size marks on my back bumper. The shop is going to fix that and all the other scratches I have on the passengers side, plus the chips in the hood for about $600. And another $80 to detail the car. On another note, I really don't like the black on this car. If I had an extra $5000 I'd respray the car in that Chrysler black!

so I am getting my rear bumper painted and the car buffed and hood chips fixed for 200 at my local Chrysler/Dodge dealer monday. So this can be closed. thanks

I had my rear bumper refinished at the local dealer and it was $325 including removal from the car.

So i guess im getting a good deal, hope its a good job also, since the guy that did bodywork for me before there is gone. The new painter looks like he knows what hes doing, hes got alot of work and it looks good. Off topic tunersteve, where in detroit do you live, You ever come to Bowling Green south of Toledo, any meets around there. let me know. I think im the only one here with an MS6

so check this out.. these dumbass people from the dealership i bought my MS6 at didnt put the side marker on completely.. i drove off the lot and i fell off somewhere on the road.. i took it back and they were looking at it and i point out my front left bumper clip is busted as well and they put my front drivers side underskirt on wrong and its all bunched up. so they say theyll take care of it.. they fix the bumper clip.. get me a new side marker and put it in. touch up a couple chips in the paint.. and this moron is buffing my back bumper and im watching.. all the sudden he ****** burns like a 2 inch piece of paint off my bumper.. i was PISSSED.. they said they would take care of it this coming monday.. **** that im going somewhere else and paying for it to get done right.. oh yea.. go figure it was a HONDA dealership!.. so you guys think i can expect to get it done for around $350?

so check this out.. these dumbass people from the dealership i bought my MS6 at didnt put the side marker on completely.. i drove off the lot and i fell off somewhere on the road.. i took it back and they were looking at it and i point out my front left bumper clip is busted as well and they put my front drivers side underskirt on wrong and its all bunched up. so they say theyll take care of it.. they fix the bumper clip.. get me a new side marker and put it in. touch up a couple chips in the paint.. and this moron is buffing my back bumper and im watching.. all the sudden he ****** burns like a 2 inch piece of paint off my bumper.. i was PISSSED.. they said they would take care of it this coming monday.. **** that im going somewhere else and paying for it to get done right.. oh yea.. go figure it was a HONDA dealership!.. so you guys think i can expect to get it done for around $350?

If it's just paint, that's probably pretty close to ballpark. I would have them paint it and get a written warranty on the paint with the date and the mileage of your car signed by the service manager.

you mean you would do that at the honda dealership or you would go somewhere else and do that?

I would do that at the Honda dealership. It's the only way to get it free for you and to hold the dealer accountable for what they've done and guarantee it for the future.

I went to school for auto body, and it is pretty simple to fix some of this stuff. I dont trust taking my MS6 to anybody else cause im afraid it wont meet my standards.

as far as burning the clear coat, i wouldnt trust that guy to screw even another bolt into my car. thats one of the simplest things to do...as long as your not a complete idiot.

he didnt just burn off the clear coat it went down to primer.. he was a ******* idiot.. but i talked to this guy who just paints cars all day everyday for honda and i watched him set up, sand the bumper and repaint. (i had no ride or else i would not have waited) When he was done it looked flawless. I was deff. happy with the outcome.

he didnt just burn off the clear coat it went down to primer.. he was a ******* idiot.. but i talked to this guy who just paints cars all day everyday for honda and i watched him set up, sand the bumper and repaint. (i had no ride or else i would not have waited) When he was done it looked flawless. I was deff. happy with the outcome.

And the important part of this is it was done free. If you had gone somewhere else, it would have been on your dime and you would have had to recover the costs from the Honda dealership (Ha! Fat chance!).

Back