Pablo's 2004 MSM Build

received the tools for the timing belt, bigger than I expected

IMAG0268.jpg

That pad is messing with my mind. I kept thinking it was a legal sized pad of paper. It made me think that you use abnormally large pens.

jealous ^^^ i'll be ordering one along with the forge bpv soon! :)

edit: i might wait until spring to get them since i won't be driving it very much the next couple of months anyway...

Last edited:
There was one running around this winter with snow tires on it. They're really pretty decent in the snow with good tires. Put some weight in the trunk and you're golden. Some of the New Englanders told me around 80 lbs in the back.

There was one running around this winter with snow tires on it. They're really pretty decent in the snow with good tires. Put some weight in the trunk and you're golden. Some of the New Englanders told me around 80 lbs in the back.

I put around 260lbs in the trunk, plus my friend in the passenger seat and we went out on my bald non-snow tires in that huge blizzard in the middle of December last year. We were the only thing on the road that wasn't a 4x4 truck, lol. It was pretty fun to fishtail on demand, but the MSM has a lot more power to put down...

No need to put weight in the trunk of a Miata as the car is well balanced to begin with. I would suspect that it would actually make the winter handling worse. Some good snows and you're set. (2thumbs)

I ran a Miata for 3 winters before I got the Speed3 , all Idid was change to snow tires put on the hard top and put the alignment striaght(no toe out or in, no camber). I tried driving with the autox alignment and nearly spun the car just cruising down the highway. good times.

No need to put weight in the trunk of a Miata as the car is well balanced to begin with. I would suspect that it would actually make the winter handling worse. Some good snows and you're set. (2thumbs)

It wasn't about the balance, my car wouldn't make it up the driveway without the weight. I was surprised how drastically it increased traction.

installed the TBI, pretty straight forward, don't think the butt dyno will feel much with it but I can't tell yet cuz it started raining, all it does is spin... :)

IMAG0270.jpg

Man, you don't waste any time.. I need to take a leaf out of your book. I've been thinking about working on my car for about the last two weeks....

Back