Pablo's 2004 MSM Build

** read in a deep southern/redneck accent metric, thats the stuff you use to fix that foreign junk right???

Got the wires and put them on, man she's running smooth. Forgot to grab a socket for the coil packs, so i'll do the plugs tomorrow.

So far the tru-boost is working great, haven't hit the limiter on 5th in a while :D

I'm really enjoying the car right now, so far the DZ101s are working great, haven't had traction issues. Since it's not going to be modded for track (for now), here are my future mods:

- motor mounts
- bigger IC (thanks Mahk!)
- magnaflow catback -> maybe this year, probably next
- springs or coilovers -> next year

Any ideas of when you plan to install them? I need to do mine as well.

I know that it's essentially a couple bolts and doesn't take very long for some cars. I think one of my friends did both in a half hour or something... and that included beer drinking.

Got the mounts, gotta find some time to put them on. The ends are not threaded though, thought it was kinda weird but don't know if that's normal.

I'm really enjoying the car right now, so far the DZ101s are working great, haven't had traction issues. Since it's not going to be modded for track (for now), here are my future mods:

- motor mounts
- bigger IC (thanks Mahk!)

the IC is coming off tomorrow! if you want i can ship it to you or wait for Mid OH?

oooooooooo... did you have to make your own brackets? If so, are you going to reuse them? I'm tempted to say ship it so I can try to have it on before the dyno

UPDATES!

Larger FMIC is on, thanks to Evan for helping out. I also traded my wheels with Kevin, so now I'm rocking '05 MSM wheels with Star Specs. Man the car feels different, so much better. Haven't got them to squeal yet. I have plans to paint my stock wheels a neon color, but don't know exactly when. So, next steps are:

- motor mounts: these are going to be a b****
- frog arms -> who knows
- frog ribs -> who knows

Last edited:
Back