Pablo's 2004 MSM Build

Finished installing the sub, the amp ended up in the glove box. Really like the sound, but some fine tuning can be done, preferably from someone with good hearing.

Sub in the footwell

2013-03-30_11-31-51_196_zpse0134860.jpg

2013-03-30_11-31-59_392_zps2691e495.jpg

The tru-boost is also installed and an initial setup configured, once I get the plug wires on Thursday and put them on I'll be able to get on it and dial it in. So far it reads vacuum and a bit of boost.

2013-03-31_11-43-59_606_zps48df6f8e.jpg

Also, after installing everything my radar detector keeps turning itself off and on, really annoying. Might be due to everything being powered from the same wires... didn't feel like using the tester to find a new source but I might have to do that.

Yea... you are probably pushing the amperage of the circuit. C'mon now Pablo!

you should getting your power right from the battery with an inline fuse rated for the amp

This. I damn near caught my one VW on fire pulling too much current from a low rated source. Independent sources, fuses and relays for me from then on.

I can help with the audio setup once it's completed. I am a music elitist, of course. ;)

Ran dedicated wiring for the second amp, everything works fine now. They only thing is a popping sound when the head unit turns on\off and changing songs on the ipod. I tried a different RCA cable, verified all the grounds, changed the output on the head unit, verified the grounds on the amp, couldn't get rid of it. Since it only happens with the small amp, I think its the device itself. It was a cheap unit, so I'm attributing it to that. Either way, I'm very happy with the results. Will have Evan fine tune it next time I see him.

I was gonna get the plugs 949 recommended but advance didn't have them, so I got the ones FM recommends (copper). I gapped them to 0.8 and will put them on tomorrow when I get the cables.

Also, got some weird looks driving with the top down and squealing my brakes to a stop.

Yep... you get used to it.

Gap at 0.8???? Wtf is that all about?

Pretty sure the gap on NA/NB is 1.1mm. Is it the same with MSMs?

Edit: Ninja'd! :D

Back