P5's are getting old (age wise)!

Mines 5 years and a couple months with 70,000 miles...and my next car will hopefully come when I give my son this car when he's 16...

Only 12 more years....(cabpatch)

The yellow beast has 50K on it before I left, 33 when i got her so damn 17k in less then a year, but that southern cali weather is nice on a car, no winters...But the wifeys P5 is with her in seattle so well see the effects lol, how long are P5's made to last?

RedP5er said:
My P5 is 5 years and 6 months old. Almost 100,000 miles. Only regular maintenance all these years. Just had major tune-up, new timing belt, brake rotors and pads. Still running strong. Will keep it for many more years.

just did pads and rotors, 2nd time in 101k miles, did belts but need to do the timimg belt soon....no major issues and i've been turbo'd for 20k+ miles as well....i'll miss this car!

Last edited:
iLisa said:
Tell that to the zoom zoom boom club, and the "my hatch is rusting!!!1!11" club...

Still, at nearly 6 years old now, mine's still doing pretty well.

clicknext said:
Tell that to the zoom zoom boom club, and the "my hatch is rusting!!!1!11" club...

Still, at nearly 6 years old now, mine's still doing pretty well.
I didnt realize there is a "my hatch is rusting" club..

i've had mine for three years there is 85k on the odometer. only routine maintance plus brakes and i think i my rear springs or struts are starting to weaken.

iLisa said:
I didnt realize there is a "my hatch is rusting" club..
I'm part of that club... as well as the "my rear quarter panel is rusting" club.

5 years, 2 months.
130K miles.

-Stock battery went at around 110K
-Stock struts went at around 80K?
-I've yet to change my belt
-Some heat shields have rusted off
-All clanks/rattles are my fault.

Other than that, it's running like a champ with little maintenance (I've been lazy)

made in august '02. my baby is gonna be 5 yrs old soon after being born at the assembly line xD a little past 50k right now. on aug. 12, it will be a yr since i got my sexy beast. i'm up to date wit all the maintanence things but..

need new tires (kumhos threads are getting worn)
need new brake pads (last time i checked, they said my pads are like in the yellow zone. green being good. yellow being change soon. red being danger lol)
need new tint (tint is bubbling and i got a mean scratch from the previous owners on the hatch. no scratch on the glass but the tint was like ripped off or something lol)

Taken on Friday, July 6, 2007, before I left for my trip.

DSCN1573.JPG

Bite your words now.

StealthWyvern said:
I call BS on this one! I want to see pictures!

Last edited:
BeNegative said:

Bite your words now.

Damn man your car is going to dry rot to death before you even really break the motor in!

Edit: Whats the point of buying a new car and not driving it at all?

You should see our Toyota, Corolla. I think it's a '97 and I think it's around 10k as well and is a weekend car, too. My car is the 3rd car. The Corolla is the 2nd car. Our Tercel is the main car and is the last model made, '93 or '94? That sucker is over 100k and almost into 200k, I think. I do not use those cars, so I'm not sure on the exact date and milage. Also, living on a small island does not really help on the mileage. I think our cars get some abuse here with the short distance stop and go traffic day in and out. The hot, humid weather here does not help either.

Why did I buy her? Because I knew I'd refuse to drive even if I had a license. This way, I'm forced to drive at least every weekend in my own car instead of borrowing a car everytime. Buying a new car? It was cheap and nice looking, nuff said. It's more of a convienence car as well.

StealthWyvern said:
Damn man your car is going to dry rot to death before you even really break the motor in!

Edit: Whats the point of buying a new car and not driving it at all?

BeNegative said:
You should see our Toyota, Corolla. I think it's a '97 and I think it's around 10k as well and is a weekend car, too. My car is the 3rd car. The Corolla is the 2nd car. Our Tercel is the main car and is the last model made, '93 or '94? That sucker is over 100k and almost into 200k, I think. I do not use those cars, so I'm not sure on the exact date and milage. Also, living on a small island does not really help on the mileage. I think our cars get some abuse here with the short distance stop and go traffic day in and out. The hot, humid weather here does not help either.

Why did I buy her? Because I knew I'd refuse to drive even if I had a license. This way, I'm forced to drive at least every weekend in my own car instead of borrowing a car everytime. Buying a new car? It was cheap and nice looking, nuff said. It's more of a convienence car as well.

ah I didn't notice the location! Which explains a lot. I've already put 1.6k on my truck that I purchased 4 months ago. lol So I'll have you beat on my weekend driver in no time. :cool:

i think ur p5 is like the lowest mileage on the forums xD haha keep her in good shape xD

BeNegative said:

DSCN1573.JPG

Bite your words now.

Mahahaha thanks Kura808 but u still haven't met me irl LOL...you haven't seen the doggie chew damage. Next meet, next meet cheee whoooo

xD sure next meet, i'll try to go. i wanna see every1's ride. so far i've only see and met chris lol. doggy chew damage? LOL i got dog fur all over the place because my dog like to go "riding." when u say riding to him, he starts barking and runs to the car LOL

BeNegative said:
Mahahaha thanks Kura808 but u still haven't met me irl LOL...you haven't seen the doggie chew damage. Next meet, next meet cheee whoooo

Back