P5's are getting old (age wise)!

I want to get another P5 and use it as a daily driver...and three or four years is not old. My first car was 10 years old when I got it...I had another car that was 22 years old when I got her... (1979 280ZX)

legaliseit71 said:
anybody have a 2003 protege 5 with over 70k miles, W/OUT the VICS problem from this post? http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123616460
love my 2003.5, plan on driving it for a long long time, but am concerned about this problem.......

1st, i think you mean the VTCS problem and not the VICS which you do NOT want to remove

2nd, i've had mine for 2 years ...2003.5 auto/fake manual, i have about 31,000 on it and haven't had this problem...knock, knock...thats with no mods yet...at least til after christmas... (sssh)

hopefully never will have that problem (yourself included (thumb) )

"Ohhh, Time will tell..." - Bob Marley

Last edited:
I bought my P5's on Dec 28 2000, they are 2001 models. MINE is still brand new, and I have only 10500 miles onit, its never been rained on, and has never been washed. I keep it in the garage as well. thank goodness I have a beater truck to drive everyday. my wifes P5 has nearly 80,000 miles on it.

Sir Nuke said:
I bought my P5's on Dec 28 2000, they are 2001 models. MINE is still brand new, and I have only 10500 miles onit, its never been rained on, and has never been washed. I keep it in the garage as well. thank goodness I have a beater truck to drive everyday. my wifes P5 has nearly 80,000 miles on it.

that's interesting....i bought mine in july of 01 and it was an 02....? i didn't know there was a 01 p5??

bazooka joe said:
that's interesting....i bought mine in july of 01 and it was an 02....? i didn't know there was a 01 p5??

OOPS, I got the date wrong, you can see the date of my car in my sig, I have a '02' that I baught in Dec. 01. DUH!!

i guess, that technically, it is still arelevant thread. p5's are getting older.

by industry standards an 02 p5 should have clocked between 60K and 75K miles on the odo.....

mine is sitting on 83,261K... no major issues, yet!

My P5 is the newest car I've ever owned. I have 106k miles on it. I've got alot of maintenance issues to catch up on tho...

Mine is only a year and half old...oh wait that is how long I have owned it. Just went over 90k yesterday. Time to start thinking about the timing belt and other things.

DeadGeneration said:
My protege5 has less then 50k miles on it and is not old!!!!!
I have an 02.5 that I got in Sept 02.. and I just rolled over to 50k.. :D

my buggy is 6yrs old this month!! just turned 101K and doing some belts today and an oil change....too nice a day to be in the garage so i had the mechanic do the work.....enjoying some nice, but short lived NE summer day!

Last edited:
My car is almost 5 years old with over 125 thousand miles. My car is old but still looks good for it's age.

rednecks_r_us said:
My car is almost 5 years old with over 125 thousand miles. My car is old but still looks good for it's age.

for sure! the new paint helps and all the detailing you do!! looks great!

sidpro5 said:
.................. I plan on keeping it until he starts driving.

Or not. (dunno)

Not a bad thing to say about it, though. Never had any problems or issues with it, other than balding tires (I drove the snot outta that car) and it needed brakes when I traded it in. Although, it also had only 36k on the clock.

Back