P5 Fog Light - wire diagram?

north42g

:
Mazda Protege5
Got a 2003 P5 manual trans.
I saw another P5 in Fitchburg, MA the other day (Yellow) and his Fog lights were on without low beams on at same time.
It appeared that they were wire wired to switch on /off with just marker/parking lights on.
Mine will only come on when my low beams are on. They shut off when the parking lights or the High beams are on.
How did he do that?
Are they supposed to work like that? Is my car not working properly? OR...
Did he modify his lights to operate like that?
I want mine to do that! Can any one tell me how!!?? I have the wiring diagram ...what do I do next?
THANKS in advance.

yeah i just did this mod yesterday... literally takes about 15 minutes and all you need is a wire tap, some electrical tape, and about 7 inches of wire. totally worth it.

There are actually 2 mods.......a simple 1 wire one where they work without lows but highs still shut them off & another where they work independent of all other lights but go out when key is off.

There are actually 2 mods.......a simple 1 wire one where they work without lows but highs still shut them off & another where they work independent of all other lights but go out when key is off.

They can work independently of all other lights eh? I like that idea...can you direct me to the link?

Back