P0882 error code all of a sudden

:
2016 CX-5 GT AWD
I've seen a few other posts addressing the P0882 error code, I thought I'd add what just happened to me.
Cold morning, about 25F, car kept in garage. Drove down the mountain about 10 miles, then the dash board looked like Apollo 13 after the cryo stir. Power steering failed briefly, music from phone via Bluetooth connection failed, error messages I couldn't read appeared. I was able to pull over and turn off the car. Tried to start... Nothing. Tried again... Nothing. Gave it a couple minutes and tried to start, success, but no Nav screen. Made it to my destination, all the time thinking of what to do. I had to play my softball game (I'm first base, they need me.) After the game started the car, Nav screen woke up, the only thing left was the check engine light. Made a stop for an errand. Back to the car, started it, check engine light disappeared. Everything now appears as though nothing had happened. I got home, all the time thinking it must be a power issue. Plugged in the scanner and found the P0882 code. Opened the hood and looked at the battery. The negative post/terminal was clean and tight. I then flipped up the cover on the positive side, the blue/green corrosion was impressive. I spent about 20 minutes cleaning all the gunk and making a good connection between the post and connector. I'm hoping that was the issue. I will check the other ends of ground and power cables when I can, but I hope I'm good.
Thanks for reading.

Strange that the positive post was the one corroded. Normally it's the negative. The post must have been a bit loose and got some crap under it and the result was the pretty colors you saw.

The battery in my 2016.5 is still hanging in there. I'm on borrowed time I suppose.

Strange that the positive post was the one corroded. Normally it's the negative. The post must have been a bit loose and got some crap under it and the result was the pretty colors you saw.

The battery in my 2016.5 is still hanging in there. I'm on borrowed time I suppose.
This is my third 2016.5 battery. Possibly something to do with living in the mountains, or just bad luck.

This is my third 2016.5 battery. Possibly something to do with living in the mountains, or just bad luck.

I don't know how much you drive the CX but for me, when not in use I use a battery tender to keep the battery charged and topped off. I have several vehicles in my garage, and I keep them all charged this way. I use the same tender but rotate it around so that all of them are on the tender for one week per month. Most of that is the winter months but I do the same in the summer.

Back