Orange 2003 MSP on Eola Rd in Aurora, IL?

p2-e2

OK, now it's driving me nuts.

It was Friday Night (June 20th). I was driving my 2003 Orange MSP down Eola Road in Aurora. No one was around me.

And WHAT comes driving straight at me? ANOTHER Orange MSP! I froze! I didnt even look to see who was driving or didnt even honk to say wassup.

I just couldnt believe it. That was at around 8:00 p.m.

Now, Im just curious to who it was?

:confused:

Not me, but I did graduate from Waubonsie Valley back in 95 and drive an orange speed through the streets of Dallas tx now, apparently too fast as DPS made sure to point out last night.

p2-e2 said:
OK, now it's driving me nuts.

It was Friday Night (June 20th). I was driving my 2003 Orange MSP down Eola Road in Aurora. No one was around me.

And WHAT comes driving straight at me? ANOTHER Orange MSP! I froze! I didnt even look to see who was driving or didnt even honk to say wassup.

I just couldnt believe it. That was at around 8:00 p.m.

Now, Im just curious to who it was?

:confused:

Mine's black.

TX Speed Demon - hahaha, that's funny I graduated in 95 as well but I went to a ghetto ass school. I'm sure you heard of us. East Aurora.

Mazdaspeed Zoom - I think I might have seen your car if you drive around Aurora. I saw a black MSP around farnsworth one time. Might have been you.

p2-e2 said:

Mazdaspeed Zoom - I think I might have seen your car if you drive around Aurora. I saw a black MSP around farnsworth one time. Might have been you.

Well I live in warrevnille, and so I'm always on 59 and in naperville. I always see an orange on going down warrenville rd in the mornings and around naperville.

Well, just saw another one this morning.

I was driving down Eola Road going towards Diehl. I pulled right up to him and said wassup. He was driving a Black MSP with an emblem that said turbo on the back.

So, that makes 3 or 4 in my area. Wow!

The orange one on Warrenville in the morning is me. But I wasn't in Aurora last Friday, so that wasn't me. I pass another orange one in Glen Ellyn/Lombard from time to time. There's an older gentlemen that drives it.

MikeyG_U2 said:
The orange one on Warrenville in the morning is me. But I wasn't in Aurora last Friday, so that wasn't me. I pass another orange one in Glen Ellyn/Lombard from time to time. There's an older gentlemen that drives it.

I saw you about 2 weeks back, I have a black one, we were both going east on warrenville and then both got on i88. I have always wondered who owned that car. Well now atleast I can kinda put a name to the car.

I think all of us in this area need to get together for like a meet, like the naperville, warrenville, aurora area.

Yup, that's me, I take that route every morning. My car was probaby filthy... I don't get to wash it nearly as much as I'd like.

I agree, we all need to meet up some night and grab a beer. There was a Chicago MSP meet back in February but I couldn't make it... I think a lot of those guys wanted to meet again also.

MikeyG_U2 said:

I agree, we all need to meet up some night and grab a beer. There was a Chicago MSP meet back in February but I couldn't make it... I think a lot of those guys wanted to meet again also.

I'm sure some of the chicago guy's would probably come out for it. I agree we need to get together and grab a beer maybe a bite to eat, poke at each others car's. I've always wanted to see an orange one up close.

Could have been me. I take Eola to Diehl going to work and return home the same way. I work in Naperville but live in St. Charles.

We do need to get the Speeds together sometime in the area.

Yeah, that probably was you. I take Eola to Diehl just about everyday for work.

Man, didn't realize there were so many Mazdaspeeds in the area. We definately have to meet. We could maybe schedule a meet like a month from now. Maybe Friday, August 1st or something. That should give everyone plenty of time to keep that date open.

Maybe we can meet at the Portillo's on Route 59 or something.

Just a thought, I figure I'll get the ball rolling so we can all decide on a date that works for everyone.

I think we need to all get together and meet up and then take a drive out to Geneva for there big car shows. It would be kick ass to have like 5 or 6 MSP's all roll up. Just a thought. Also should we bring the significant others a long or should we keep this guys only, doesn't matter to me either way.

Last edited:
So what's the scoop, anyone come up with a good date, and whose all in? I'm excited to have my car back so we gotta get together now.

I'm down for whenever. :D Maybe we should start another thread asking people in the Chicagoland area if they want to schedule another meet.

Mazdaspeeds, P5's, Mazda6's, Miata's, it doesn't matter to me. You can bring your lady, your dog, your kids. Doesn't matter to me. Hell, I might even bring my ferrets. :)

But just like you, I'm down for a meet.

p2-e2 said:
I'm down for whenever. :D Maybe we should start another thread asking people in the Chicagoland area if they want to schedule another meet.

Mazdaspeeds, P5's, Mazda6's, Miata's, it doesn't matter to me. You can bring your lady, your dog, your kids. Doesn't matter to me. Hell, I might even bring my ferrets. :)

But just like you, I'm down for a meet.

Not a bad idea to start a new thread for it. I think it would be cool to have an all out meet also for everything, but it would also just be cool to have the MSP guys.

I don't know, I drive my MSP every day, what am I gonna do when surrounded by a bunch of others??? :) I've never seen an MP3 up close, and always love to see a Miata, I miss my old one.... I vote for a general Chicagoland Mazda get-together.

MikeyG_U2 said:
I don't know, I drive my MSP every day, what am I gonna do when surrounded by a bunch of others??? :) I've never seen an MP3 up close, and always love to see a Miata, I miss my old one.... I vote for a general Chicagoland Mazda get-together.

Ok, you make a good argument for the whole Mazda group meet. Just gotta figure out when and were, isn't Hot Import Night's coming up soon? Might not be a bad idea to use the dates for that, maybe make a giant trip down there with all the mazda guys.

And just in case anyone was curious, not that you guys care but I no longer have a black one I now drive a yellow one, so if you see a bright yellow MSP in the Naperville/Warrenville area that's me.

Last edited:
Back