Options for adding an auxiliary input on the Mazda3

Just wanted to add that the Mazda iPod interface now includes LCD text display for 08.5-09 models. Total cost is roughly 200.00.

I knew that and apparently forgot to update the thread on this forum when I updated my main one on the other forum. OP now has p/n's, prices, and description of the new OEM module.

Can i use the auxmod for mazda3 6 cd changer and bose system? i think it works but i wanna be sure.

Last edited:
Can i use the auxmod for mazda6 6 cd changer and bose system? i think it works but i wanna be sure.

I know it works on the regular 6. The CD changer is internal so there should be no conflict there, and if the bose on the 6 is the same as on the 3 then that shouldn't be a problem either.

I know on the 3 there are some year/models that don't have the TAPE/MD jack that the AuxMod plugs into. I suggest pulling your HU and confirming that plug is there before buying one.

So I got this Griffin dock/charger that plugs into the ACI in my 09 speed. I thought I would be able to handle the buzz that comes through the Ipod but it gets so loud when you rev the engine. Does anyone have a recommendation on a specific ground loop isolator? The smallest one possible would be best. Thanks.

So I got this Griffin dock/charger that plugs into the ACI in my 09 speed. I thought I would be able to handle the buzz that comes through the Ipod but it gets so loud when you rev the engine. Does anyone have a recommendation on a specific ground loop isolator? The smallest one possible would be best. Thanks.

Go to Crutchfield.com and search for 3.5mm ground loop isolator.

Go to Crutchfield.com and search for 3.5mm ground loop isolator.

I bought this ground loop isolator from crutchfield and I've gotten terrible results.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SNI...-Filter.html?search=ground+loop+3.5mm&tp=2653

The whine is eliminated but the bass and sound quality take a huge dive to the point where its not even listenable. All the reviews on the website say it works great, but that has not been my experience. Am i doing something wrong, or could my unit be defective?

I'm driving an 09 MS3 with an auxiliary input in the center console thingy. The Ipod connects to a dock charged by the lighter. a 3.5mm from the dock to the filter. The filter connects to aux input.

Any help is appreciated.

I have a 08 mazda 3, i have satelite radio but want to use my aux input also, i dont want an ipod conrol unit or anything like that, I just want to be able to plug my i-pod via headphone jack into my radio. I have been informed i need a switch box of some sort. Does anyone know exactly what i need and how much it costs? Thanks

I have a 08 mazda 3, i have satelite radio but want to use my aux input also, i dont want an ipod conrol unit or anything like that, I just want to be able to plug my i-pod via headphone jack into my radio. I have been informed i need a switch box of some sort. Does anyone know exactly what i need and how much it costs? Thanks

From the OP

OEM input switch box (P/N TD1379CFZ)- For 2007-2008 models with the ACI. Allows you to plug the ACI, as well as one of the following: sirius, phatbox, OEM ipod adapter, etc. into the HU via the sirius/CD changer jack. ~$113.60

Great post. I been browsing this forum for a bit now finally logged in to get some opinions/help on this.

So the otherday I bought this piece from Best Buy for my 06 Mazda 3 (wagon)
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I took out my factory 6 disc changer and looked at it. I was a little bit lost and confused as to where all the wires would go. I came across this forum and read a little about the items on the first page and returned my Dynex FM Modulator ($45) to bestbuy and got my refund.

I'm right now debating between the AuxMod Basic, Axxess Ipod Interface w/ Auxiliary output (BY THE WAY - The module is compatible with all Mz3s which do not have a Clarion HU. Repeat this unit does not currently work with Mazda 3s with the Clarion HU. ...How will I know if it's Clarion HU? I honestly do not remember if mine is Bose...it's the Factory 6 dvd player (does not play mp3s)) or the Dice w/Text.

Great post. I been browsing this forum for a bit now finally logged in to get some opinions/help on this.

So the otherday I bought this piece from Best Buy for my 06 Mazda 3 (wagon)
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I took out my factory 6 disc changer and looked at it. I was a little bit lost and confused as to where all the wires would go. I came across this forum and read a little about the items on the first page and returned my Dynex FM Modulator ($45) to bestbuy and got my refund.

I'm right now debating between the AuxMod Basic, Axxess Ipod Interface w/ Auxiliary output (BY THE WAY - The module is compatible with all Mz3s which do not have a Clarion HU. Repeat this unit does not currently work with Mazda 3s with the Clarion HU. ...How will I know if it's Clarion HU? I honestly do not remember if mine is Bose...it's the Factory 6 dvd player (does not play mp3s)) or the Dice w/Text.

Overall you'll be much happier sound quality wise with the direct connections vs. the FM modulator. If you remove the HU from the dash there's a white sticker on the top of the "cage" that will have the manufacturer info. on it. To date I believe Mazda has used three different companies for the HU. Also if you have the Bose stereo it doesn't mean Bose was the manufacturer, rather they use Bose amps/speakers/sub vs. the built in stuff in the HU. As far as your choice it pretty much comes down to what you want out of it. The AuxMod Basic is just a line in. I've been using one for more than three years without a single problem and for what I do it works great. From what I've heard from other members the DICE and Prolink with Text have horrible user interfaces and are really clumsy to use, the Axxess slightly less so. I don't know if I added them to this list (my main one is on M3F) but there's also a simple input made by Grom, and an ipod module as well. The ipod module is the least expensive of all of them, but doesn't display text, nor does it have a 3.5mm input. Still they're pretty dependable, and Grom has great customer support.

I bought AUXMOD for my CX-7 a couple months ago but I can't install it because the connector is missing on the unit. So it's for sale if someone interested... PM me !

Hi all,

New to the forum!

I'm the proud owner of a Mazdaspeed3 2007, with the Bose system fitted.

The thing that annoys me though is that I have to bring along proper cd's, and these days with flash being dirt cheap it would be nice to have the option of adding a few gb's of mp3 files to the system.

So I've looked into the gromaudio USB MP3 system, which people seem happy with (can anyone get the display working with titles though?) HOWEVER I have a parrot CK3100 bluetooth kit installed, and now my "fear" is that this takes up the plug/input for this..

Can someone tell me that I'm wrong, and if this is the case - is it possible to use a Y-cable, or this so-called mention of a input selector? OR could the parrot be on the MEDIA Button, which automutes the rest - and there could be an option as mentioned here - of pressing cd button twice?

Hope to hear some suggestions!

If this was already covered, sorry, I didn't want to read all 8 pages. Is there a way to dash controlled and displayed iPod connection with the factory satellite radio installed? It seems with most of these that you can't have your satellite radio connected to use them. I have my iPod connected right now, but I can only control it from the iPod itself, and there is no song/artist display. I'd like to be able to control the iPod from the stereo and from the steering wheel, and be able to see song info on the display while keeping my sat radio. Thanks

I'm the happy owner of a used 2005 hatch 3... and after a few weeks i've got a nice system almost ready to go into the car. Here's what I've got so far:

CARPUTER: Maxspeed 8300 with Embedded Windows XP (4GB HD/512ssd, 802.11G)
Play Station2, wireless remotes
8inch touch VGA
USB Hub with blue tooth, Audio, Mic, 3 USB,
GPS Receiver with usb link
PAC Line out Converter (LOC OEM-2)
450 5 channel amp with JL speakers and subs
2x CAR CAMERA for front and rear view (100 degree viewing angle)
2x 5.8" RCA SCREENS
SoundStorm Video Amp

what i really could use help with is the audio input... I've been reading the nnets for a while and i don't know what the best option is. I don't care about lcd read out. i do care about ground noise. i basically need an rca or 3.5mm jack input, and that's about it. AuxMod is out of commission, (out of stock) and i don't like all the reports i hear about ground noise.

1. What to use for an audio interface?
These are my two top contenders:
SOUNDGATE AUXMSTRV3 http://www.electotronics.com/soundgateauxmstrv3auxiliarytoalpinem-busradios.aspx
or
MAZ/PC-SON https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I would like two audio inputs, so i can run just an an additional music device of some sort if desired, along with the carputer.

THANKS!!!

<<<the yellow boxes are the unknown components>>>

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Last edited:
Not positive, but that soundgate link you put up doesn't state it works for Mazdas fwiw. Also check out the peripherals adapter which provides two RCA inputs.

I have a similar setup with my 07 Mazda 3 (6 disc stock HU) with an aftermarket pop-up screen, garmin gvn53 navi, and power acoustic dvd player. My question is regard to wiring the sound.

Currently I have the dvd player's audio rca's inputs hooked up to the HU via a wired FM modulator, however, the Garmin GVN53 navi unit has another set of audio rca inputs which is not hooked up. Currently I am relying only on the little speaker which is included with the Garmin for sound.

Does anyone know how to integrate another set of RCA audio inputs into the factory HU while keeping the ACI? Would an OEM input switch box (P/N TD1379CFZ) and some type of adapter work?

Any ideas?

Also does anyone know the speaker wire color for an 07 mazda3 right rear speaker? (None Bose)

So I've looked into the gromaudio USB MP3 system, which people seem happy with (can anyone get the display working with titles though?) HOWEVER I have a parrot CK3100 bluetooth kit installed, and now my "fear" is that this takes up the plug/input for this..

Can someone tell me that I'm wrong, and if this is the case - is it possible to use a Y-cable, or this so-called mention of a input selector? OR could the parrot be on the MEDIA Button, which automutes the rest - and there could be an option as mentioned here - of pressing cd button twice?

With the parrot bluetooth CK* kit, it plugs into the main (24-pin) port on the back of your headunit, and then the factory connector plugs into it. For the grom USB thingo, it plugs into the other (16-pin) port on the back of your HU. This is the same port that the console aux input (if you have one) plugs into, or sirius radio, or a cd changer, or the Mazda ipod integration unit, or I dunno what else.

In conclusion, parrot + grom usb should be fine. Grom usb does use up the port that other things might use, though.

Alright I have read through this whole thread and still have some questions. I am picking up an '09 MS3 GT. The dealer said that it would cost them $642to install Sirius, and 434 for the IPOD module, which I think is a bit steep. Can I install both or is it either one or the other? I want to stick with OEM parts. From what I understand I need to buy the Ipod Module and switchbox, and Sirius receiver. How difficult is the install on the two? I have installed plenty of receivers before, but is it best to leave it to a professional since its a brand new car and will be covered under warranty?

Back