• Bronze

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Revs

Contributor
:
Laser Blue MP3
My Racing Harts have seen better days thanks to the previous owners wife (curbed) and a destructive tire mounting machine(major paint chipping) so sometime over the winter I will be repainting them myself. Problem I have is I cannot decide what color to paint them.

I have come to 4 different color options, black, gunmetal, bronze, and white, all are the Duplicolor wheel paint. Part of me wants to go with bronze just like on protege2k's car, I like, but at the same time I don't, looks to WRX'ish. Then there is the white, I like it a lot as it offers lots of contast and movement in the wheels, but my girlfriend thinks otherwise. As for gunmetal, I painted the rims on my last car this color, looks very nice, but been done before and finally the black, nice subtle look, but no contast and it simply hides those nice rims.
I attached the only picks I could find, no black or gunmetal picks.

I want to hear what you think, and keep in my my MP3 is laser blue. thanks

Attachments

• mp3bronze.jpg
    mp3bronze.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 208
  • mp3white.jpg
    mp3white.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
I know!!! silver!!!

but if I had to pick from your list, it would be gunmetal

Bronze or Gunmetal. White and Black end up being too much on a Laser Blue car.

I voted for bronze, as I am a hopless fanboy and am gay for bronze wheels.

BRONZE FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna actually paint mine bronze one cause it looks sweet and two is the JDM MP3 has the same wheels just bronze.

i voted for bronze but just for refference here's an mp3 with black painted rims. its a guy in dallas but i cant remember who it is here on the boards.........
blackmp3rims.jpg

Wow, bronze is the big leader so far. Does anyone know of any other bronze paint other than the Duplicolor stuff??

am I the only one that doesn't appreciate the look of bronze?

Turns out that trying to find the Duplicolor bronze wheel paint is quite the job, in Canada we only get the white, black, silver and gunmetal colors, not the bronze. Some online stores in the states sell it, but not the bronze and the rest won't ship to canada, bummer.

Revs said:
Turns out that trying to find the Duplicolor bronze wheel paint is quite the job, in Canada we only get the white, black, silver and gunmetal colors, not the bronze. Some online stores in the states sell it, but not the bronze and the rest won't ship to canada, bummer.
wow. deja vu. search what you just said cuz i know for a fact that someone told me that before. maybe you can find how they got around it but i swear ive heard of someone trying to paint thier rims bronze before in canada and having problems getting the paint.

MP3Architect said:
wow. deja vu. search what you just said cuz i know for a fact that someone told me that before. maybe you can find how they got around it but i swear ive heard of someone trying to paint thier rims bronze before in canada and having problems getting the paint.

I searched, but no luck finding a post talking about it. I tried one place that has a Canadian distributor, but they won't sell it. Because Canadian Tire up here sells Duplicolor no one else will carry it, too bad they can't get the bronze. Looks like I'm SOL. Either gunmetal or there is this other paint, Duplicolor Cast Coat Iron engine paint, looks kind of gunmetal with some more silver, looks nice, but not so sure what it will look like on rims.

chuyler1 said:
Bronze on Blue for the Win!

(White looks nice too...but gets dirty)

IMG_0102.jpg
that's a nice bronze - not too dark or brown like some

I agree :)

If you paint bronze yourself, it will prolly be best if you add a few coats of clearcoat on top to bring out the shine.

Just when I thought all hope was lost for getting bronze wheel paint up here is Canada i found Rustoleum bronze paint that I can get online. Check it out on the RSX, nice dark bronze metallic.
It looks much closer to the true bronze of aftermarket wheels.

I LIKE!

Attachments

• rsx.bronze.jpg
    rsx.bronze.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 140
Back