Bought a Mazda Rhodium white paint pen and it is flat gray

:
2023 CX5 turbo
I bought an OEM mazda paint pen for the rhodium white and paint comes out flat gray. I shook it for 2 or 3 solid minutes and not even close to a color match. the pen has the same paint code as my door sticker and says rhodium white on the pen so not sure if mis-labeled or what.

Last edited:
Return it. Did you get it from the dealer? Or aftermarket?
ebay notified the seller this morning (medmazda) and they got right back which is pretty amazing for a sunday. they will test one to make sure it is correct and send it. medmazda is a legit dealer.

This is interesting, I got mine from mazdaparts direct but haven't used it yet since its been so hot here and I don't have access to a garage to do the touch up and have it dry properly.
Maybe I should test it and make sure it isn't grey lol.

same here. I think that paint color is almost impossible to get into paint pen. It ends grey-ish when put on the car.

You gotta shake it a lot and then paint few inches on a paper first. That removes a lot from the grey but still its not what you have on the car. Unfortunately thats what it is with these tri-coat special colors. Mine was also from medmazda

same here. I think that paint color is almost impossible to get into paint pen. It ends grey-ish when put on the car.

You gotta shake it a lot and then paint few inches on a paper first. That removes a lot from the grey but still its not what you have on the car. Unfortunately thats what it is with these tri-coat special colors. Mine was also from medmazda
yes I followed the instructions where they tell you to paint 2 cm on a piece of paper and shake for a minute. I actually shook it for about 3 minutes and probably ran 4-5 cm and it was still gray. disappointing to say the least. too bad they were not the traditional paint sticks that had the brush.

Back