one year anniversary

Well it's been exactly one year since I bought my CX-5 and the only issues it's had are pretty common. Dash rattle, easy to crack windshield, vibrating mirror but nothing major has went wrong.

I have 32,193 miles on the car now and the tires are still decent, but they will be changed out prior to winter.

The biggest issue I really have with the car is it being black. It's extremely easy to get dirty and hard to really make it shine. Fuel economy is great, though it's too bad a diesel engine isn't yet an option for it.

Congrats!

Black is a hard color to keep clean and even harder to make look good. Polishing out the swirl marks is very satisfying, but after a few months, never mind. I have taken to using a leaf blower to dry the car to avoid swirl marks. This gets most of the water off, and leaves just a few drops here and there to blot up. Clay the car at least once a year, if not twice, and follow with a sealant. I use Zaino, because I bought into their hype some years ago. I have to say, the stuff lasts a long time...but I am not convinced it is worth the money.

In some ways it is all about the journey, and Zaino forces you on the journey, with multiple steps and stages, which in the end gives you a shine unmatched by single step products...but the journey takes time and effort.

Congrats!

Just want to say - you make me feel better about ours. It just turned 23K miles, after 16 months ownership. I thought that was high, but 32K in a year is ALOT of driving! Glad she is treating you well overall, though. Still overly happy with mine.

22.5K miles in 15 months on my CX-5, not nearly as impressive as iced-theaters accumulated miles.

I have had my CX-5 one year today and have 28,800 miles on the clock. Still loving it!

25,400 miles in almost 15 months, 32k is impressive but even more impressive is how you average over 37 mpg. Talk about better than a hybrid! Can you please fill me in on the details of how you get such impressive mpg averages? What is the average speed reported on your trip computer and what kind of driving do you do?

Thanks

14k miles in 15 months, and still hating every mile I drive. Mazda has reset my ECUs and trip computers several times, but I'm averaging about 26MPG.

Are you hating the way the car drives or just the economy?

25,400 miles in almost 15 months, 32k is impressive but even more impressive is how you average over 37 mpg. Talk about better than a hybrid! Can you please fill me in on the details of how you get such impressive mpg averages? What is the average speed reported on your trip computer and what kind of driving do you do?

Thanks

My commute is 50.2 miles long with 3.2 miles of that being city driving. The last four fill ups my highway driving has been 60 mph, city driving 30-35 mph. This fill ups have averaged near 42 mpg. Prior to that, the highway driving has been at 65 mph and it resulted in 39 mpg average. 37 mpg at 70, and 35 mpg at 75 mph.

I keep my tire pressures at 40 psi, I usually shift at 2500 rpm, I have the manual tranny. That's it for me, I don't shut the engine off and glide, I don't draft semi's, not sure what else hypermilers even do. My average speed is usually 43-44 mph. I've seen it as low as 37mph and as high as 52 mph.

Back