One thing I have noticed about the CX-5...

CSI007

:
2019 CX-5 AWD Black Signature
The windshield and front grill area are magnets for insects! I have more smashed insects than I have ever had on any vehicle. :(

Agreed! The blunt angle of the front end kills insects, not to mention your MPG's above 65 mph...

I just switched from a Dodge Ram 2500 and my CX-5 gets only a fraction of the bugs. So I guess it all depends...

You do know that the last thing that goes through a bug's mind as it smashes on your windshield is...

...his a$$! (breakn)

Does anybody have any official mpg depreciation numbers for Dragon Flies, Moths etc. I am a tree hugger and will happily avoid mass migration insect days and work from home on those days.

The windshield and front grill area are magnets for insects! I have more smashed insects than I have ever had on any vehicle. :(

I've found this too. The BEST was my 1995 Trans Am. For whatever reason, nothing I have ever owned before or since was like that car. I could literally watch bugs hit the turbulence near the front of the hood, and slip up and over the windshield. The only bugs I ever hit with it were june bugs and others that were too bulky to be deflected fast enough.

Does anybody have any official mpg depreciation numbers for Dragon Flies, Moths etc. I am a tree hugger and will happily avoid mass migration insect days and work from home on those days.

My Dad could gain about 1-3 knots in his Cessna 182 if he waxed it.

Back