OK call me a moron!

KurtMP3

Go ahead call me an idiot!

But Im having problems! Getting my rim/tire off!

Im trying to get my rims (Racing Harts) off and I got all the lug nuts off and i cant pull the rim off still. I took the center cap off one of them but i dont think thats it either. What am I missing here? Im hoping they didnt lock on over the winter and cuz the cars been sitting for a month...am i missing a latch or something? Hope someone can help!

I feel like an idiot asking so please dont make too much fun LOL(hand) (stupid)

Mine do it too after every winter. Get some liquid wrench.
Drench the joint with really hot water and smack the back of the tire toward you on one side and the side away from you. Go around the tire like that a few times.
If no luck drench with liquid wrench adn go have a beer!
Then try again.
I had to go to the point of using my soft lob hammer this year on my winter wheels to get them off.

Your a moron. jk

My moms car did the same thing, i had to kick it pretty hard to get it off. the rust bonded to the aluminum wheels and was on there pretty good. Nothing a swift kick wont fix.

1st MP3 in NH said:
If no luck drench with liquid wrench adn go have a beer!
Then try again.

I like how you think NH!

Thanks Logan too!

Thanks guys now i dont feel like an idiot - i figured i was missing something obvious

Its just a proven technique :D.
Works for installing stereos or turbos.
I wouldn't go to nuts kicking things if its up on jacks like I have to do.

when you change your rims put a thin layer of brake anti sieze compound on the mounting surface ,this will create a barrier so that the corrosion from 2 dissimilar metal doesn't occur. I have done this for years and no problems .

I've had this problem before - even with using anti-sieze. The best bet is a rubber malet, and if that doesn't work, some liquid wrench and a rubber malet :). In my case, I just kick.

Chris

I had one sticking really really bad this year. Kicking didn't work, Hitting the tire with the sledge didn't work, so I had to go around the back of the wheel. Put a block of wood across and hit that bastard a few tims with the sledge. That is all.

You're a moron. ;)

I had the same problem. Mine was bad enough that a kick, mallet, or 2 people punishing it wouldn't work. Eventually, I decided to loosen the lug nuts ever so slightly and drive down my driveway (about 30 feet) and reverse back into the garage. Loosened it just fine with no damage. Just have to be careful doing it that way.

KurtMP3 said:
Go ahead call me an idiot!

But Im having problems! Getting my rim/tire off!

Im trying to get my rims (Racing Harts) off and I got all the lug nuts off and i cant pull the rim off still. I took the center cap off one of them but i dont think thats it either. What am I missing here? Im hoping they didnt lock on over the winter and cuz the cars been sitting for a month...am i missing a latch or something? Hope someone can help!

I feel like an idiot asking so please dont make too much fun LOL(hand) (stupid)

Here's just an idea .. i mean i dont know how important it is but .. how about jacking up the car first . (lol) (thought)

Thanks.
My wife made fun of me but then I showed her the tongue
you know what happened next. (scratch) :eek:

Latest posts

Back