Oil Restrictor

i heard on another forum that ball bearing turbos need one and conventionnal ones don't..

Yeah, I've heard this everywhere. That's why I put one on my GT28R 2 years ago, and a year later the bearings crapped out. And then I put one on my GT28RS, and a year later the bearings crapped out on it. From what I keep hearing, most folks don't need one with the Protege, due to the lower oil pressure.

Yeah, I've heard this everywhere. That's why I put one on my GT28R 2 years ago, and a year later the bearings crapped out. And then I put one on my GT28RS, and a year later the bearings crapped out on it.

Sounds like there is a pattern on your car Pat?! (deadhorse

I read a while back that you aren't running oil squirters for the pistons could that in any way be related to the oil pressure in the system? Do you run a oil press gauge to verify?

Just wondering if you were to get this oil restrictor #ATP-OIL-021 do you have to change the oil feed line since the output on the ristrictor is a 4an fitting. Is there any ristrictor that would work with the stock oil feed line? Iv been running restrictorless for around 3 months and its been performing good, iv just noticed that under boost theres a slight zinging sound that only started when I installed the GT28RS. idk if its cause of too much oil or if thats just normal. If anyone knows that would be really helpful

Back