Oil Questoin

CGCG04

:
02 LX
Hey, my mom just bought my sister a leftover 04 3s...still brand new just some test drive miles on it. When i was home today, i was talking to my mom about it and somehow oil changes came up because she had gotten my oil changed while i was at school not knowing i run synthetic in my car and the dumbasses at the place probably dont know the difference between syn. and regular even though u can obviously tell as its draining out, so they filled it w/ regular again...anyways, my mom said that the mazda salesman told her today that you can only use the "super thin oil that it comes with, no synthetic or any other special oils, just the super thin stuff" what a dumbass...he also told her all mazda engines are built to use that stuff and you should never change...so i just wanted to check with you 3 guys to make sure the guys a dumbass and you can switch to synthetic, just gotta keep the 5w20, i believe it is...somethin like that

and on a side note i took the car for a spin today and its a ******* blast to drive...although i stil like my pro but i'll switch w/ my sister any time she wants, haha

yeah i use synth... redline 5w20.... i think you could even use a 0w20 if you wanted... i have had no problems at all with it... and didn't hear crap about it from the dealership when i asked... prob b/c it was a chick?? lame i know but prob the truth

"super thin" has squat to do with whether it is synthetic oil, dino oil, vegetable oil or whatever. As long as you use the correct viscosity, as specified in your owner's manual, your warranty will remain intact.

The oil that comes from the factory is a synthetic blend, so the salesman is a total moron.

ok i just wanted to verify the guy was a ******* quack...i know that its still the same weight whether its synthetic, regular, whatever, just wanted to make sure

I switch to synth (Royal Purple 5W-20) and man what a difference. My Mz3 runs so much smoother and more quiet. Even in high revs...Very nice. Totally recommend synth in MZ3s. The guy at my local speed shop said that most of these recommendations (5W-20 in our case) of oils for our cars come from the manufacturer's environment, therefore not necessarily in our weather conditions (ex. hot all year long!!! in PR). Just a thought.

sorry for my spelling...

PRBOY3

Synth can save money...

My stealer told me it was ok to switch between synth and regular dino any time... w/o any problems.

Doesn't matter to me b/c I switched at the 1st oil change to Mobil 1 and will be trying AMSOIL 5w20 here in a few hundred miles :D

Well, I'm on the point to use TORCO oil for my engine and transmission (I have the 5 speed tranny) to TORCO.

Engine oil: SR-1 Synthetic 5W20
Transmission oil: RTF Racing Transmission Fluid 100% Synthetic

Will let you know how are things once I have made the move.

Back