Oil on PCV ??

NorthernP5

:
2002 Silver P5
P5'ers,

I own an 02 P5 with 82000 kms (50000 miles) on it. This past weekend, I was checking oil, filter, belts... and dicovered that the oil level was down (about 3/4's to full on the dipstick). When I checked my PCV valve there was an oily residue on it.

-Its been about 2000 miles since my last oil change. I use Mobil 1 5W30.

-changed my plugs about 1000 miles back.

Is the residue on the PCV valve normal? Is this a sign of bigger problems?

Any help is most appreciated!

NorthernP5 said:
P5'ers,

I own an 02 P5 with 82000 kms (50000 miles) on it. This past weekend, I was checking oil, filter, belts... and dicovered that the oil level was down (about 3/4's to full on the dipstick). When I checked my PCV valve there was an oily residue on it.

-Its been about 2000 miles since my last oil change. I use Mobil 1 5W30.

-changed my plugs about 1000 miles back.

Is the residue on the PCV valve normal? Is this a sign of bigger problems?

Any help is most appreciated!

Considering that the PCV valve just plugs into the valve cover which is all oily underneath, I wouldn't think it was a problem. If it was bone dry and clean I would be worried that my cams were also bone dry.

About the oil being down, I have no clue.. haven't had that happen (I'm at 57500 and just changed my PCV a couple weeks ago because I saw how cheap the part was).

My PCV is always dry when I check it. And I also run Mobil 1 5W 30 Should I be worried about it being dry and should I replace it for the hell of it at 64000???

Back