oil filter P/N change

I would stick with what mazda says, i use the same filter on my rx7 and it puts much more demand on the oil system than a protege, and i have never had a problem.

From the pictures it looks like it will fit - it may look recessed but as long as the thread reaches it should be fine.

TheMAN said:
don't kick up old threads!

Should I start an entirely new thread and have people tell me to "use the little button at the top of the page that says search " ?

erikvonb said:
Should I start an entirely new thread and have people tell me to "use the little button at the top of the page that says search " ?
lol.. that's what would happen

FC3s Boy said:
lol.. that's what would happen

sorry if I sounded like a smart ass, but I've seen it happen many times. I just figured it could all get covered in one thread - hopefully.

Here's a pic of a V6 filter that I use. Part no G6YO-14-302A. Made by Tennex. Bought it a while ago.

filter1.jpg

filter2.jpg

Douggie- Basically, I was just wondering if anyone else had used a filter with the same part number and you gave me my answer. Thanks

For the rest of you- I did my oil change, and the filter fit perfecty, so G6YO-14-302A is the right size if you want a bigger filter for the P5.

Thanks,

-Erik

its great that you searched, but replying to very old threads is a BAD thing... as I said before in another thread....

And if it is something that has never been discussed in any of the old threads, EVEN if it is the same topic, by all means post a new thread. The next worst thing is digging up a dead thread that is rude because a) it's something everyone had decided that the discussion was over long ago b) mislead everyone into thinking it is a current thread c) if any incorrect or old information is in that old thread, flames will happen from others because they think you're an idiot (when they're idiots themselves for not noticing it's an old thread... see B)

SO, here we are with a thread over 3 months old.... the information that WAS posted 3 months ago is now out of date, which makes it WRONG

a new thread SHOULD have been posted because of those reasons I stated

if you think I'm an asshole, then no offense you all need to grow some skin.... go to any other board you will either get flamed or ridiculed (like off-topic.net).... this is far from those... this is JUST a friendly reminder how bad of a practice it is to kick up old threads

erikvonb said:

sorry, outdated info

current filter is made by Mahl and it is JEY0-14-302-9A

and erikvonb, I forgot to add that there was a thread last month posted by Enry about the oil filter that has current info that would have answered your current question if you looked further in the search results ;)

erikvonb said:
Douggie- Basically, I was just wondering if anyone else had used a filter with the same part number and you gave me my answer. Thanks

For the rest of you- I did my oil change, and the filter fit perfecty, so G6YO-14-302A is the right size if you want a bigger filter for the P5.

Thanks,

-Erik

TheMAN said:
sorry, outdated info

Yea, I just ordered a bunch of the 626 filters from mazdastuff and they have this number and a bunch of stuff in German so I guess they're made by Mahle.

TheMAN said:
sorry, outdated info

and erikvonb, I forgot to add that there was a thread last month posted by Enry about the oil filter that has current info that would have answered your current question if you looked further in the search results ;)
I just bought a bunch of filters from the dealer and thats the pn of the filter i got. So you are saying these are OK for my 2003 Protege ES 2.0L?

Any help appreciated.

Back