Oil filter 51348XP vs 51348

:
mazda
Should I get Oil filter WIX 51348XP vs 51348?

Currently the drive is 6miles one way, 5 days a week.
So its about 3k/yr

I use Mobil 1 oil.

I have been changing oil every year. Lately wondering about changing every 2 yrs - should I?

Thanks

Honestly? Neither. I used to run Wix, but now I run Mazda OEM filters. For your MZ5, it's a LF05-14-302B. I buy them by the 6 pack, and they're only $6 each like that.

That said, between the Wix XP and regular Wix, just run the regular. The micron rating is better on the regular.

Should I get Oil filter WIX 51348XP vs 51348?

Currently the drive is 6miles one way, 5 days a week.
So its about 3k/yr

I use Mobil 1 oil.

I have been changing oil every year. Lately wondering about changing every 2 yrs - should I?

Thanks
If your only driving is 6 mile jaunts then your Mazda's oil never comes up to operating temperature and will retain moisture. This can be bad for your engine. At least once a week you should take a long drive, 30 minutes or so, to allow the oil to get hot enough to evaporate any moisture that it may contain.

If your only driving is 6 mile jaunts then your Mazda's oil never comes up to operating temperature and will retain moisture. This can be bad for your engine. At least once a week you should take a long drive, 30 minutes or so, to allow the oil to get hot enough to evaporate any moisture that it may contain.
Thank you @stickerbush
Should it be once a week or once a month?

Also thoughts on oil filter and oil change freq? I only use Mobil 1

I also do every 5,000 miles, easy to know when it's due. But if you aren't going even 5,000 miles in a year then sure, do it once a year. As for filters I get mine at the local Mazda dealer. Whatever they use is good enough for me.

Latest posts

Back