Offset questions for you MS3 heads.

chippy

:
07' Honda Civic Lx, '80 Corvette L82
Still fairly new and getting knowledge in the mazda world.

i'm looking at getting these for the MS3:
s55.jpg

The specs are 18x7.5 with a 40 offset. Will these fit?

I hope they do! I get 50% off the price. $77.50 a wheel!

A lot of people on here seem to be hesitant to go past a 45mm offset. 40mm offset should fit, although you may have to roll your fenders. But 7.5 is kind of skinny for new wheels. If I was getting new wheels, I'd go 8" or wider. But for $77.50/wheel, that's a great price.

Don't do it, it'll **** up the handling characteristics. I had wheels that were 18x7.5 +42 and the handling wasn't so good. I switched back to the stockers and things were much better! Personally I would stay as close to stock offset as possible.

for that price go for it man im rolling on 38 offset with 18x8 rim on stock tires and zero problems.....no rubbing nothing

Last edited:
for that price go for it man im rolling on 38 offset with 18x8 rim on stock tires and zero problems.....no rubbing nothing

Can you PM me a pic of your set up? I just want to see your stance. I'm looking at getting wheels soon with pretty much the same specs

A lot of people on here seem to be hesitant to go past a 45mm offset. 40mm offset should fit, although you may have to roll your fenders. But 7.5 is kind of skinny for new wheels. If I was getting new wheels, I'd go 8" or wider. But for $77.50/wheel, that's a great price.

$77 bucks per wheel = pothole disaster waiting to happen.

Did you not read? Originally it's $155.00 a wheel, but I get 50% off lols.

I've got 18x8's with a 48mm offset and they are sitting about as close as you can get to the fender wall without rubbing. The vehicle is lowered though. If they were 45mm offset they'd be no problem but 40mm may be pushing it.

here you go 18x8 38mm offset on stock rubber 225/40 in near future
SNV31177.jpg

SNV30822.jpg

remember that wheel you want is 7,5 not 8 so it wont be so close to fender as mine

Back