OFFICIAL: AWR Header Group Buy!!! This GB is a ONE TIME DEAL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha! LOL

If it makes you feel any better, mine won't be installed until Jan. So, it's like I didn't get mine too. LOL

Ceramic coating the header and waiting on the SLS midpipe. What do you guys think about ceramic coating the midpipe too?

I have to wait to ceramic coat mine too! And get the midpipe, which may be a while lol. Not sure how necessary doing the midpipe is, since it is away from all the coolant lines, etc. But it may benefit since it runs right next to the oil pan.

I'm also doing a trade. A friend of mine is wanting to go back to stock. Just needing the time to do the swap. Catted also.

I've got a straight pipe that's been sitting around for a couple of years. I'm scared to put it on caus3 its gonna be super loud. It came off of rishi's p5 from back in the days.

Was going to install mine tonight but I broke my torque wrench when trying to get the rear O2 sensor out. The front came out fine, but the rear was apparently a bit more stubborn and the head of the ratchet anvil shattered. Piece of crap wasnt even anywhere near its max range either. Oh, well I have been wanting a new one anyway. I plan on getting a Precision Instrument Dial Indicating type.

Tried installing mine yesterday/today and the O2 sensor does not clear the AWR oil pan. I know because I left the sensor in while I was bolting down the header and the O2 bung snapped off the header from the pressure against the pan... at least I didn't break the pan...

I'll be giving AWR a call tomorrow.

Tried installing mine yesterday/today and the O2 sensor does not clear the AWR oil pan. I know because I left the sensor in while I was bolting down the header and the O2 bung snapped off the header from the pressure against the pan... at least I didn't break the pan...

I'll be giving AWR a call tomorrow.

That's some BS! Good luck man.

I spoke to Tony today and he was amazed that happened since the pan has a pie cut on it to specifically clear the O2 sensor. I will be making measurements and sending the header for him to weld on a new bung in a different place. He said he would take care of it.

I also mentioned my ill-fitting SLS catted midpipe, and he said if I sent it to him, he could make sure the flanges fit perfectly. SUPER AWESOME service and really taking care of me. I'll be sending them out this week.

So I installed my header today and it is contacting my lower radiator hose. It is actually where the hose connects with the block so I cant even try and move the hose out of the way since it is at the point that it sleeves over the metal portion. Anyone else have this issue or know a way to work through it?

What the heck?!!

I guess I better do a test fit before I get it powder coated.

I've got the SLS midpipe already installed, I'll have to check that too, since Circuit was having issues.

So I guess my only plan of action is to try and get a water outlet/thermostat housing that is shorter and/or angled away from the header. I am not sure if AWR can do it, but the email sort of suggested they could. I am still waiting on a response. I pulled it off to see if I could possibly bend it myself, but that isnt going to happen. Also I dont know i the metal can take the stress.

It shouldnt make contact,mine doesn't it's about 1/3 " from the header tube at it's closest point. Recheck your install.PM me if you need advice, I've got pics.

Last edited:
Hmmmm

I spoke to Tony today and he was amazed that happened since the pan has a pie cut on it to specifically clear the O2 sensor. I will be making measurements and sending the header for him to weld on a new bung in a different place. He said he would take care of it.

I also mentioned my ill-fitting SLS catted midpipe, and he said if I sent it to him, he could make sure the flanges fit perfectly. SUPER AWESOME service and really taking care of me. I'll be sending them out this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back