Official 2014 CX-5 Press Release

"A Technology Package, similar to that on Touring models, also is available for Grand Touring vehicles. Options include the in-dash TomTom navigation system, an auto-dimming mirror with Homelink, automatic on/off bi-xenon auto-leveling headlights, a pivoting Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS), Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry..."

Does this mean the proximity key still won't be available with the Touring's Tech Package?

Yeah, I'm curious about price too. I hope it's significantly more expensive so that I wouldn't have considered it. I'll be very disappointed if it still would have been in my price range. I would LOOOOOOOVE the 2.5.

My salesperson told me they wouldn't have the 2014s until May and that they'd be $3K - $5K more than what I paid for my 2013... I had read this release before I signed the papers on my 2013, saying hey, what's the deal?? 2014s are coming out this month and you're selling me a 2013??? She said larger dealerships may get a few early, but most by mid-year. I got a killer deal on my 13; 0.9% financing and paid dealer invoice on a GT... I may just add the nav kit/SD out of pocket for $450.

My salesperson told me they wouldn't have the 2014s until May and that they'd be $3K - $5K more than what I paid for my 2013... I had read this release before I signed the papers on my 2013, saying hey, what's the deal?? 2014s are coming out this month and you're selling me a 2013??? She said larger dealerships may get a few early, but most by mid-year. I got a killer deal on my 13; 0.9% financing and paid dealer invoice on a GT... I may just add the nav kit/SD out of pocket for $450.

Turns out they are about $500 more, and are already being sold out the door at some dealerships (at least one in Minnesota). Your salesperson doesn't have a clue unfortunately. That would be it for me if that were my dealership.

Typical stealership M.O. They push what they have and down sell what they don't. What YOU want never even enters into the equation. Another example is when I asked a local dealer when the 2014 CX-5 would be available, her answer was: 2014! If people ran, not walked away from these scoundrels, maybe the stereotype of a car salesperson would change.

Anyone know why Mazda is being so vague and quiet about the 2014 models? A month ago my dealer said they were coming in January. Two weeks ago he said they got pushed to mid-march and possibly June. Today he texted me and said they just got a shipment of 2014s. Based on what I've read here, dealers around the country are being told similar information, if any at all. Anyone know what the deal is with Mazda on this? Seems strange that they would pimp the 2014 Mazda6's so much but not the CX-5s.(uhm)

The 2014 MZD6 is a new redesign whereas the 2014 CX-5 is just another model year with some changes. Can never figure out what's in the mind of the auto company marketing gurus and stopped trying years ago.

Just wondering does anyone know if the 2014 CX-5 comes with Seat Memory tied to the FOB like the 2014 Mazda 6?

This is one feature I would love to have with me be a tad over 6' and my wife just over 5'.

I too also hope the 2013 Infotainment system is upgradable, would be cool if you could use the USB port or SD card in TomTom Nav to do so.

Back