Official 2014 CX-5 Press Release

I would jump all over this but it is just a matter of another year or two before the diesel becomes and option and of course the much awaited MAZDASPEED model...

Dealer has the prices already. Mine told me last week I would be looking at $600 more for the GS and the financing will be at 3.99 for 60, 4.99 for 72.

I would jump all over this but it is just a matter of another year or two before the diesel becomes and option and of course the much awaited MAZDASPEED model...

Mazdaspeed model? Keep dreaming. Should be less than a year from now before the SkyA-Diesel is available for the CX-5.

Dealer has the prices already. Mine told me last week I would be looking at $600 more for the GS and the financing will be at 3.99 for 60, 4.99 for 72.
Bravo Mazda! Not unreasonable for extra HP and for those that can secure their own financing, there are better rates out there.

In the San Jose auto show, a local Mazda dealership rep (Oak Tree Mazda) had no clue the 2.5L CX-5 even exists, kept pointing me at the new 6. However, the other rep, which I think was corporate, said "they said January" referring to the news release. She also said no pre-orders.
I still think the first vehicles will be here pretty soon. Last year, this story was very similar, Mazda said "Mid February" and sure enough, the very first 2013 vehicles arrived late February.

I also saw the Forester Limited (the higher trim), next door. Compared to the CX-5 Sport it looks pretty nice, perhaps too large for what I want. Still, way too much head room and seeing much hood from the driver's seat. You know I highly prefer the CX-5 and think it's superior, except for the AWD system (but if you really care about off-road, perhaps a Cherokee or Wrangler is for you).

In the San Jose auto show, a local Mazda dealership rep (Oak Tree Mazda) had no clue the 2.5L CX-5 even exists, kept pointing me at the new 6.

Typical stealership mentality in that they will push to sell you what they have rather than what you want.

that press release is a month and a half old and there are a few threads already on the 2.5, why are we talking about this like its new news?

that press release is a month and a half old and there are a few threads already on the 2.5, why are we talking about this like its new news?

Don't know, why are you?

There was a lot of unofficial talk of what/when the 2.5L was going to be introduced. The official announcement also cleared up the fact the the 2.5L will be the standard engine and not an option in the touring & GT trim.

Hope that answers your question.

Yes, and the official announcement happened over a month and a half ago, and was already covered in at least 3 threads.

No need to start a new thread for every thought that pops into your head.

Yes, and the official announcement happened over a month and a half ago, and was already covered in at least 3 threads.

No need to start a new thread for every thought that pops into your head.

Who made you the Forum Police?

I believe in the Freedom of Speech and will defend your right to comment on anything I say but when you start telling me what I can or can not post, you are crossing the line.

As they say, "SMFH" or "forum Nazi" to the rescue. At least that's what somebody posted before, lol. Not that I see any evidence of somebody "starting a new thread for every thought that pops into your head".

Regardless after 3 threads, still don't know when 2.5L will actually arrive in CX-5 form in US...

just called the dealership to check on my vehicle/situation and they said they have a 2014 in stock. sport model though,but with all the new goodies and dodads. so they are coming in as of this week.

On way to Mazda dealer, will try to get more definitive answer.

Thanks, look forward to hearing what they tell you.

Here's the scoop....Boat is due in port (NY/NJ) on 2/2. Should be at dealer about a week later.

While there, they brought in a 2014 Mazda6....wow, awesome looking car. It was a white Grand Touring.

Thanks for report STE92VE. None are showing coming into CA on Mazda website so far, but that could change very soon.

I saw a red 2014 Mazda6 at car show last Friday, great styling.

Here's the scoop....Boat is due in port (NY/NJ) on 2/2. Should be at dealer about a week later.

While there, they brought in a 2014 Mazda6....wow, awesome looking car. It was a white Grand Touring.

Saw the 2014 CX-5 advertised on Channel 11 this morning so they are near that's for sure

Back