Official 2008 Formula 1 Season Thread

FlyinHawaiian

:
Mazdaspeed Protege #1460
What a crazy start to the season. It seems that the rule changes have certainly made things more interesting, but it would be nice to see more cars finish the race...

Poor Ferrari as well, 2 DNFs and terrible luck all weekend for Kimi.

Discuss!

-Jeff

--On a side note, Mazda had their "more Mazdas are road-racing on any given weekend..." commercial run a half-dozen+ times during the race program... Mazda in F1 anyone? ;) Also, does anyone know what song that is playing during it?

Last edited:
WOW! That's all I can say. WHAT A RACE! What? 8 cars of 22 finished? That is easily the most exciting Formula1 race I've seen in 5 years, maybe more. And as much I am a Ferrarista, I have GOT to give props to Lewis Hamilton. He is by far the class of the field, and from what I can tell, a really, really level headed kid (and about the only person in F1 I can call a kid LOL). Really nice guy, and I've got to love the enthusiasm. That was one hell of a show.

PS: Lewis Hamilton is an alien. That is all :p

EDIT: HEY! LordWorm and I are the Motorsports mods, leave the "official" thread making to the experts! (rofl2) jk, you just beat me to it ;)

Definately one of the most exciting races in a long time. I'm all hyped up for the rest of the season now.

I'm with you guys, I have never seen a more exciting race in a very long time. And in the dry no-less!: Typically, when only 8 cars finish, its in torrential rain or Michelin is the tyre supplier!!

I'm gonna watch the replay on Speed at 2:30 today... It'll be as exciting as the first time around.

aMaff: You're slippin man, I would have expected quicker thread-making skillz from j00!

actually 7 finished, one was DQ'ed... so that put KIMI into the last scoring position

but yea, they race was awesome, can't wait for the rest of the season... i don't feel that bad for kimi i mean he did drive off the course a couple times haha...

Yeah, I kinda figured that was going to happen. I have a feeling that leaving the pit box with the fuel guy still attached to the car probably shook him up. Little lapse of judgment but what can you do? If the lollypop man hadn't screwed him up, none of that probably would have happened.

too bad for barrichello. i really want him to have a good season this year because chances are that this will be his last. i mean he raced against senna! hes gotta be tired

Kimi should have just stayed behind Kovaleinen on his in-lap after the safety car went in.

Very good race...I think the heat caught a lot of teams by surprise?

Lookin forward to this weekend though!

Back