Off centered steering wheel?

anyone have any ideas/input? expecting a call from them tomorrow to go back in and have it looked at again. (gah)

anyone have any ideas/input? expecting a call from them tomorrow to go back in and have it looked at again. (gah)
Several:
- First and foremost, be calm and respectful. The dealership is your link to Mazda and you're more likely to get satisfaction with them on your side. It helps to create an atmosphere of working together to solve the problem rather than having everyone run out the back door when you drive onto the lot.
- The problem may lie in the rear suspension settings. Does your dealer have 4-wheel alignment capabilities?

- Before you return to the dealership verify that the cold tire pressures match the recommended pressures on the driver's door jamb. Don't assume the dealership tech has done so. If you don't have one, buy a quality pressure gauge. Video. Reviews.
- Be sure that your concerns are properly documented and keep copies. Request copies of the alignment print-outs showing before and after settings along with a copy of the factory specs from the workshop manual.
- Request that they rotate the tires and take another test drive. If that cures the problem, you likely have a bad tire.
- Remember that service writers are sales people who don't necessarily have technical knowledge, though some do. Ask in advance that the shop supervisor be available to accompany you on a test drive. Find a road convenient to the dealership where you can demonstrate the problem, then have him/her drive. Say things like "notice how if you loosen your grip on the wheel, the car tends to veer off to the left/right? That's what's troubling me."
- Request a meeting with Mazda's regional service representative and repeat the above.
- There are some other good ideas here.

Good luck

TSB 02-004/13 STEERING WHEEL OFF CENTER WITHOUT DRIFT OR PULL.

Dealer called Mazda and was advised the TSB applies to my 2014 as well. Steering wheel still looks a bit to the left but steering does feel a little firmer to me.

More on that... http://www.mcx7.com/threads/tsb-020...heel-off-center-when-driving-straight.133735/

Interesting that this TSB applies to many models over many years. Must have something to do with the way the factory calibrates things and if a customer comes in to complain they adjust it under this. A quick google for other manufacturers turns up similar TSB's for them too!

The factory does dial in some road crown and unequal weight correction, and there are some optical illusion aspects to it. This thread got my OCD tendencies going so I noticed that I see a little apparent left angling when I'm using my right arm as the dominant for steering, but it seems fine if I use my left. This might be due to the small amount of center play in the steering.

Latest posts

Back