Of course this is my luck.

utopia

:
Mazda3
Just got my brand new m3 saturday signed it blah blah yadda yadda. they didn't have the color choice so they had someone drive it down about 70 miles to the dealership here. so there was about 95 miles on and about an hour and a half later i was going to shift into 3rd gear and i noticed it rev'd instead. so i figured you know, i'm rusty so i tried again, nothing. i pull over and stop. i engage it into first gear and it just revs. the clutch is shot. i had no gears at all.

thank god for the free year of AAA.

and i promise you, there was no abuse of the car that should well make it run out in an hour! so hopefully they don't try and throw some "wearable parts" bulls*** at me

loved the car though, can't wait to get back in it =)

THAT SUCKS MAN,

Best of luck and i am sure you will enjoy the car!!

Rob

utopia said:
Just got my brand new m3 saturday signed it blah blah yadda yadda. they didn't have the color choice so they had someone drive it down about 70 miles to the dealership here. so there was about 95 miles on and about an hour and a half later i was going to shift into 3rd gear and i noticed it rev'd instead. so i figured you know, i'm rusty so i tried again, nothing. i pull over and stop. i engage it into first gear and it just revs. the clutch is shot. i had no gears at all.

thank god for the free year of AAA.

and i promise you, there was no abuse of the car that should well make it run out in an hour! so hopefully they don't try and throw some "wearable parts" bulls*** at me

loved the car though, can't wait to get back in it =)

i just think the guy you know...had a REAL good time driving it down here if the clutch was like that hahahah or just a bad install, i don't know =) no worries

i like your attitude...i would be smoking the s*** out of the dealer.

Karma_hunden said:
i like your attitude...i would be smoking the s*** out of the dealer.

Yea what he said..

me personally Theres no way " I " would keep that car.
Try to make them take it back..

Last edited:
Maybe the guy who drove it down was learning stick? Wonder what that means for break in?

well i received an e-mail earlier today apologizing for the inconvienece and how mazdas are known to be reliable and the usual dealer stuff. and i called to check in on what was up and they were unassembling the car to find the source and i just got off the phone with the guy and....

the clutch was "ripped to shreds".....

but they fixed it at no cost to me didn't question me about my driving or anything and i'm more then happy i've had with this dealer experience they haven't tried to bulls*** me once...yet..or that i know about ;) and now to go pick it up! woo!

i went to go look at it last night sitting outside the dealer gates and the same guys who towed me were dropping off an rx8 with the same problem lmao

hahahah i just got the car back and they showed me it and it was literally shredded. it was just all over the place...kind of like how you part string cheese i guess

BUT it drives and handles like a dream and i'm so so happy

besides my car has been shat on twice now by birds...

utopia said:
hahahah i just got the car back and they showed me it and it was literally shredded. it was just all over the place...kind of like how you part string cheese i guess

BUT it drives and handles like a dream and i'm so so happy

besides my car has been shat on twice now by birds...

Oh yes, the shatting is a common problem. I'm pretty sure the last two times my CEL came on it was because of all the happy shatness on my hood. From what I hear, it's not limited to Mazda's first year models either. I'm still waiting on a TSB that acknowledges the problem. Maybe someday there will be a permanent fix for this issue.
Enjoy your new toy.

Back