Odd Noise...hopping

cbea1124

:
02 Mazda Protege5
I had all four new tires put on couple months ago..installed tie rods, end links and stablizer bushings...an recently I hear a noise as if the tire out of balance....so I go and get my tires rotated and balanced. Noise is still there...like it out of balance...hopping around..hear it more at low speeds...5-45 mph....any ideas

Thnaks

Last edited:
Wheel bearing? Does the noise change when you turn side to side? Which wheel is it coming from? Have you tried jacking it up and spinning that wheel by hand? If it is a bearing or something mechanical, you will probably hear it.

Around 40 miles per hour the noise really prominent....

Did u even try to look for anything bad like mazdaspeeder ? Do u have winter tires on the car ?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like a piece or trim or smn that comes into contact with one of the wheels when u hit 40 mph.....

So I had a similar situation and was able to solve it pretty simply. Basically, it seems that my wheels were slightly too large for the hubs, so even though they were balanced and errthang, every time I mounted them they would get wobbly again. Some wheel spacer like these (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-sp601s/overview/) did the trick. They were large enough to keep the wheel flush on the hub.

Back