OBX Header Problem

It finally fit but had to made some strength to make EGR bung bolt to the header, just don't get those Ebay headers those will not fit correct trust me, get the OBX on Ebay.

I bought the OBX header and the EGR pipe went right on with no problems and the clearance from the oil pan is ok. Every car is a little different and every OBX header is going to be a little different so expecting a perfect fit is not to be expected

i managed to get my garbage ebay heade ron no problem, ok i lie lots of problem,

took some bending, some blood and a propane blow torch for heat, a little more mcgivering and hazaa its on

disregard the red box and yellow arrow in this picture the blue one is pointing to a metal plate that is welded on to the header it will say OBX on that.
Untitled-1copy.jpg

ive had my OBX header for 6+ years. there was a little extra pulling to connect the EGR pipe then, other than that no problems. I used the original gasket, no leaks. I did have to go and get a flex-pipe installed. Go with OBX! and then wrap 'em, they get ultra hot! I've wrapped mine twice with fiberglass, and currently with Lava-rock, i prefer Lava.

Last edited:
Thanks man, I still gotta find one tho lol I'm not tryin to buy new just bc of the huge price tag (nursing student, work at Lowe's, pay check to paycheck basically).

I have an OBX header I bought awhile back and never fully installed because the EGR pipe did not line up. After some investigating, I found that the header is made for the fs/ze.

Bought from Sparktec Motorsports last September, been sitting in my closet ever since. The wife is sick of looking at it.

Anyone have any input other than on page one on blocking off the egr port on the header and running a breather filter on the intake manifold portion?

Anyone have any input other than on page one on blocking off the egr port on the header and running a breather filter on the intake manifold portion?

Only if you have a welder........I don't know why they advertise for it to fit when the bung is even pictured crooked but I didn't care as I was prepared to fix the problem if it came like it was pictured. All your doing is getting the bung squared away as parallel to both axis that you can vertically and horizontally.

My post in another Header thread......

I bought a cheap ebay header as I didn't have the cash to dish out for a better one. The only thing bad I came across was the EGR bung on the header was crooked. All I did was cut the rear half of the weld between the bung and header, bent it back parallel and also aligned the bung parallel to the header flange. After that the EGR tube fit perfect. Grinding the weld with a grinder took off enough material to manipulate/maneuver it into place and re-weld it perfectly. Has been working well for me since I got her running about 1-2 months ago. That O2 sensor location on the collector is a tight fit though. the wire is barely touching the block but everything is running perfect.

hdsmp01.jpg

Last edited:
Back