Obd2 scanner?

I've got an ELM 327 as well.

1) Turn off your car
2) Plug it into your car
3) Turn on your car (OBD2's not powered if the car's not running
4) In your phone, go to the wifi settings and select the ELM/OBD/etc wifi-network that just popped out. Connect via that network.
5) I use a free iphone app called "AutoProLite." I boot it up and click connect. The app knows to connect via the wifi network to the obd2 dongle.

It appears to be working now, at least with the wifi connection. All I did differently was download a different app, which found the device, and THEN the other app I originally downloaded (and would still prefer to use) recognized the device, but I can't access anything with that app until I purchase the whole thing for $19.99. Grrrr....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used Elm adapter with iPhone and iOBD2.

I have a $100 cable I picked up a few years back but don't use that one much anymore.

This is the app (linked in Kedis' post) that ended up working, but only after I bought the $20 upgrade.

i picked up a $100 actron one from autozone a few years back they have em ranging from $60-$300

Well so far this app has been very helpful!
On the downside, the CEL that came on last week (P0037) is now flashing a cylinder 3 misfire code. I've got a buddy who used to be a mechanic at a Mazda dealership on his way over.

Latest posts

Back