O2 sensor

iBoost

:
mazdaspeed3
where is it? i need to cut into it to install my AF gauge. picture would be really much appreciated.. just circle the wire and i'm good :)

where is it? i need to cut into it to install my AF gauge. picture would be really much appreciated.. just circle the wire and i'm good :)

You can not splice the wires to a wideband O2 sensor. The current is calibrated for the afr measurement and if you splice the wire for an external gauge you'll affect the current and mess up the calibration. You have to install another sensor to get the afr or get a dashhawk and read the factory WBO2 sensor from the OBDII port.

The replacement sensor from mazda is ~$400 or so so it's not something you want to experiment with anyway.

where can i install another one at? seems like lots of trouble to go through.. i thought there was an easier way to do it? (huh)

don't waste your time and money on a APC AFR
get the real deal, Wideband O2 Sensor....it'll save you headaches and when you are ready to tune, you'll thank yourself for getting a WB.

you didn't go cheap buying a MS3, why go cheap on this?

don't waste your time and money on a APC AFR
get the real deal, Wideband O2 Sensor....it'll save you headaches and when you are ready to tune, you'll thank yourself for getting a WB.

you didn't go cheap buying a MS3, why go cheap on this?

i got my MS3 as a gift so.. lol yeah. i thought our cars came with WB already.. at least thats what i read on the other post. how much is the WB O2 Sensor sells for? thanks

anywhere from 150 to 300
depending if it is used or not
i got mine for 175, but i've seen them go for 150 or 130.
AEM is the way everyone seems to go but there are various options.

brand new, AEM sells for about 299.

please, this is one of those things in which you don't want to go cheap

Our cars do come with wideband O2 sensors. You can read the values from a dashhawk or similar OBDII reader - which is probably what you should do. The only other real option for afr readings is to weld a bung onto your exhaust (preferably before the cat) and put your sensor there. The speed6 wideband O2 sensor is located immediately after the turbo on the DP.

Our cars do come with wideband O2 sensors. You can read the values from a dashhawk or similar OBDII reader - which is probably what you should do. The only other real option for afr readings is to weld a bung onto your exhaust (preferably before the cat) and put your sensor there. The speed6 wideband O2 sensor is located immediately after the turbo on the DP.

right now in the for sale section atthe top of the front forum indext page, ken has new aem uegos going for 239 shipped.
id get that now if you plan on getting it ever.

Back