now wingless!!!

foreverzero89

:
03.5 'speed protege
i had one of the evo-type wings one the car and at first i liked it but then grew to hate it. now its gone and the car looks much better. now, i have a Q: how do i fill those holes in the trunk and how do i get that super adhiesive crap off?

3M makes a good adhesive remover. To fill the holes you can either have them welded up and then repaint the trunk or just plug them with plastic body plugs and finish them with touchup paint.

check out dfwmazdas.com for local meets, etc.

i'm also interested in removing my (2003.5) spoiler, do most body shops carry these plugs, or would an autozone or something have them?

i'm also interested in removing my (2003.5) spoiler, do most body shops carry these plugs, or would an autozone or something have them?

you can buy them at honda dealerships they are un officially called antenna plugs. However this will look like s*** imo...just do it right and save your money until you can fill them in professionally. my 2 cents.

i wouldn't fill the holes at all! just ask around and trade trunks with a protege es or the like. someone that WANTS a wing. trust me.... you'll find someone pretty quick not too far away.

coming from someone who went wing > wingless > wing. and 1st wing ≠ 2nd wing

lol, some neons would look sweet, or maybe laser beams. or maybe i'll put some spikes in the holes from hot topic, all mad max like.

maybe i want to do wing one week, no wing the next. plus some plugs wouldn't bother me, unless there's like 10 holes.

lol, some neons would look sweet, or maybe laser beams. or maybe i'll put some spikes in the holes from hot topic, all mad max like.

maybe i want to do wing one week, no wing the next. plus some plugs wouldn't bother me, unless there's like 10 holes.

depending on the the year i believe there is a boat load of holes.

in the 03.5 the are 9: four for the bolts(outside of the trunk area), two for the clips, one for the wires, and two extra.

my former msp...

marfa0.jpg

beach.jpg

new28.jpg

even with the holes i would have to say that my MSP look better without the wing. wingless with holes > wing without

too bad blazing yellow,spicy orange,and titanium gray didnt come on regular protege's......so he cant trade trunks

laser blue mica ftw!

can trade and get mp3 wing, msp wing, spoiler, or nothing at all.

plus ya just look damn sexy in it. go blue!

If I was gonna remove my wing theres only one way to do it.....

Carbon Fiber trunk FTW!! Looks so mint. Also you can switch it out whenever you like no hassle, wing to work, carbon fiber for dinner.

Back