Not getting what you paid for...

adragonfly

:
Protege 5
I bought my P5 about 3 weeks ago and noticed shortly afterward that I didn't have the wheel locks that were supposed to already be on the car. My invoice said that I paid for them, but Mazda forgot to install them. The 2 1/2 weeks have been a big hassle of driving back and forth to the dealership to get them (they don't even have this simple part in stock and had to order them!). I really felt like the service changed after I signed the purchase contract. I was raving just last week about how cool mazda was (the welcome package) but now I'm sort of irritated. I finally got the locks today, and they promised me a free car wash and a photo calendar to compensate me for my trouble. I don't care much for the freebies- I'd rather have had it done right the first time. Has anyone else had this problem?

Nope, in all my car dealership experience, I learned you must be stern with the people. Like you said, when you are buying the car, they are your best friends~~you need to look past that. When the papers are signed, it's a whole different story. You need to remind these people that they are working for you in not as many words. Without you, they will close, and be out of jobs.

Yeah, I agree. You don't have to be an asshole, but you need to be stubborn enough so that they'll be concerned about your attitude towards them when in need of service. They made you drive to the dealership just to order wheel locks? Oh well, as long as you got them I don't think it's a big issue. Positive side of this is that they could find an un-noticed problem with your car and if they are cool enough, they'll fix it or at least tell you about it. :)

And the experience may or may not change if you purchase a more expensive vehicle. I have had poor and good service from various BMW dealers in the area; my friends say the same thing about Lexus and Mercedes. Basically, it's pull and pray.

Allen - I wouldn't have had to drive to the dealer just to order the wheel locks, but when I called them about the problem the guy asked me, "Are you sure you don't have them? Do you know what they look like?" His tone implied that I didn't know what I was talking about. That's when I drove down there to show them that the locks were not there.

check da trunk?

my wheel locks were in my trunk, in the little pouch with the lug wrench.

look at people this way

they are against you, all of them, everysingle one will try and decive you at every turn, they will try to outsmart you and compromise your plans. They will trick, lie, and mislead you to get what they want. When you deal with these people make sure you know what you want, know every detail about your purchase, double, tripple quaddruple check your merchandise or you WILL be riped off.

TRUST NO ONE! NOT EVEN YOURSELF!

Boy was this thread ever revived from the dead! :D

It's neat to see one of Ari's first posts here too! I got wheel locks with my car and they were installed already. As a matter of fact, I didn't even realize they weren't standard until later on. :)

Back