not an experienced msp owner/stick driver... ?'s

Inspekdah

:
Mazda Speed Protege, Black Mica '03
As you might have seen in my previous post/s I just recently got a Mica MSP....

I'm 20 and haven't owned a stick but as of this last week have messed around on some of my buddies cars and am kind of getting the hang of it...

I've noticed a few things and just let me know if everything is alright or if I should be concerned...

First the engine smells rich, much richer than my family's new Jetta and much less than my brother's Civic. Those 2 cars give off no oil type smell after a run, but the MSP does... to a degree especially if I pop the hood, its not strong and if your say 3 feet from the car you can't smell it.... I have nothing to benchmark this against .... id basically describe it as a very light/mild oil smell from the engine (in comparison to a Civic/NT-Jetta)

of course im new to a stick and find myself makin mistakes here and there...

and i also found some damp spots in my trunk :mad: .... ive read the previous posts on this board regarding that... gonna have to bring this baby in for some weather lining or something I will not tolerate the formation of still water in my car! (as of now its just a little damp)

its a new car, so that oil smell will linger for a little while. it'll go away, i had the same thing.

The smell is some sort of petroleum coating they put on parts in the engine bay. I was worried that I was burning oil so I asked my service advisor about it and he said the smell would go away. It took a couple of weeks but now I don't smell anything.

There's a thread about the water. Post over there where you are seeing or feeling water.

Back