Nos???

GTR John

I'm VERY interested in getting a P5. Looking at the shiftronic tranny. The car is everything I could ever want for a daily driver. :D But, it's sooooo gutless. My Passat auto is faster. I want to add lots of power, but without ruining the fuel economy of the car, so thats why I don't want to go with a forced induction component. I was wondering what the max shot of NOS the 2.0 can handle.

Whats the fastest these cars have gone?? Anyone on the blue bottle??

Damn I love these cars!

If you want faster, why are you getting an automatic. That's kind of counter-productive.

I say without a tranny cooler, and everything else pretty much stock you could run about a 35 dry shot without any trouble. I think someone here is running a 50 dry shot maybe....but with an automatic I would be pretty careful....

Oh yeah, just for reference, N.O.S. is actually a company (Nitrous Oxide Systems) N20 is the gas.

i am running a 50shot of n20

:)

Planning to upgrade to 75 shot after i get a few more toys...bottle warmer....remote bottle opener...

acidbbg said:

Planning to upgrade to 75 shot after i get a few more toys...bottle warmer....remote bottle opener...

Kool, represent, and pioneer with the P5!

Mask looks really cool...can't wait to install..but weather has been snow..snow..and more snow...

:-(

acidbbg said:

Are you planning on getting a Transmission cooler when you up the jetting? I did quite a load of damage to my truck's first tranny thanks to my lack of a cooler, I just didn't want the same thing to happen to a fellow P5'er. I bet the 50 shot is damn fun though in itself.... :) I ran a 75 dry shot for 2 years or so, and then went to a 150 wet, so much better!

If my current 250 shot didn't empty a 10lb bottle so damn fast, I would say it was fun.... ;)

Are you planning on getting a Transmission cooler when you up the jetting? I did quite a load of damage to my truck's first tranny thanks to my lack of a cooler, I just didn't want the same thing to happen to a fellow P5'er.

I have a manual Tranny...so i don't think i need that...Plus before i up it to a 75 shot...i will get a clutch master and flywheel..installed!!

and yes the 50shot is fun..but the winter suxs!!

:p

acidbbg said:

I have a manual Tranny...so i don't think i need that...Plus before i up it to a 75 shot...i will get a clutch master and flywheel..installed!!

and yes the 50shot is fun..but the winter suxs!!

:p

Damn dude, my bad... for some reason I thought you had an auto...

Hell yeah, I ran a CM Stage 1 and Fidanza on my old Probe GT and loved that damn setup... I imagine with the N20 a stage 3 would be more to your liking though. :)

Patio said:
DONT RUN A DRY SHOT!!

my car has a 75 shot, stock motor, with Intake it ran 14.9, 5 speed manual, Im sure you could do it on an automatic fine

link: http://www.nitrousexpress.com/faq.html#tech

I'm a little confussed. I thought you were running a dry shot :confused:. I didnt think the protege could handle a 75 shot direct port on a stock motor?? I would say that the 2.0 could handle a fogger system up to 75 maybe 100 but thats really pushing it and i would not recomend doing it unless you could afford to blow a motor. Also dont just buy a fogger system and throw the 75 shot on there work your way up to a 75 shot. Also some extra info the chemical equation for nitrous oxide is NO2 not N2O :D

AHHHHHHHHHH

*slams head on desk*

Do not call it NOS!! Unless you are specifically talking about the brand.

Its Nitrious or Nitrious Oxide System.

Grrr sorry its a personal thing with me, I cant stand hearing it called NOS. Be like calling all turbos Garrets.

Anyways a wet shot would be better on our engine platform.

REMillers said:

Anyways a wet shot would be better on our engine platform.

Really?!?! the wet shot is better for our engine with stock internals compared to a dry shot?? The reason why i ask is b/c i also plan on going the nitrous way until the warranty is up or i just cant stand to not be turboed ne more:D Im curious as to why you say the wet shot is better then dry and what's the max shot would you recomend going with a wet system??

Really?!?! the wet shot is better for our engine with stock internals compared to a dry shot?? The reason why i ask is b/c i also plan on going the nitrous way until the warranty is up or i just cant stand to not be turboed ne more Im curious as to why you say the wet shot is better then dry and what's the max shot would you recomend going with a wet system??

Yes a wet shot is better b/c you are adding fuel in the mix..and inturn you will not run lean..

That's one of the reasons why i am running nitrous...The most i would say for the protege(not mp3) is a 75 shot...

xXMP5Xx said:

I'm a little confussed. I thought you were running a dry shot :confused:. I didnt think the protege could handle a 75 shot direct port on a stock motor?? I would say that the 2.0 could handle a fogger system up to 75 maybe 100 but thats really pushing it and i would not recomend doing it unless you could afford to blow a motor. Also dont just buy a fogger system and throw the 75 shot on there work your way up to a 75 shot. Also some extra info the chemical equation for nitrous oxide is NO2 not N2O :D

uhhh, i would NEVER use a DRy shot, ever!! :D

i been running a Wet 75 shot since like July or August, I started with a 50 shot in June 2002.

I have the basic Nitrous Express Stage 1 EFI Kit

only use a Dry shot if you wanna blow your motor up, hahhaha, Dry kits are cheaper for a reason

Back