No Spark, 2003 Protege LX 2.0L

TCo22

:
2003 Mazda Protege dx
OK, This is intersesting. My sons car had a bad water pump & snapped the belt. I removed & replace the water pump, & made sure the timing was set properly before putting it back together. once It is all said & done, I now have no spark! When I first turn the car over I get one spark (New Plugs, Autolite Copper Cores 3924) & then Nothing (checked 2 plugs, both not under the coil packs). I've been reading some of the posts about possibly a bad ground, the Cam sensor, or the crank sensor. So heres my question......While removing the Crank pulley, I dropped it & bent one of the pins on the back, when I was trying to reposition it back, it snapped off. There is only one pin missing off the crank sensor wheel. Could this be causing the problem? If not I'm leaning towards the Coil packs, but I think it's odd that both coil packs would go bad at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It has not even started since I changed the water pump, so it hasn't been able to throw any codes.

The problem is probably related to the missing tooth on the crank pulley. While changing the timing belt, I bent one of the pins and the engine refused to start.

Back