no more celica's

both you and motegi are right actually.

But, the prelude to me was a more mature car. I've owned 3 ludes, and never once wanted a integra. Well, except the type r years ago but who didn't want it.

If they brought back the prelude, I'd be gone back to Honda. I don't want a new acura integra. I don't know why, I just don't. Too small? styling? I don't like the dash I know that much, but there's really no reason that stands out as to why I don't want one...I just don't. There's something missing from it and I don't know what it is.

Newf said:
both you and motegi are right actually.

But, the prelude to me was a more mature car. I've owned 3 ludes, and never once wanted a integra. Well, except the type r years ago but who didn't want it.

If they brought back the prelude, I'd be gone back to Honda. I don't want a new acura integra. I don't know why, I just don't. Too small? styling? I don't like the dash I know that much, but there's really no reason that stands out as to why I don't want one...I just don't. There's something missing from it and I don't know what it is.
You mean you don't want a new Integera other than the RSX? I agree the dash in the RSX is ugly as hell, the knobs depress me with how terrible they are.

At least for styling there isn't any comparison between the RSX and the Prelude in my optinion. I mean, the RSX looks quite high, not very large with somewhat small tires for the overall shape. There are guys here in town that dress them quite well though.

But when I see Preludes, with the large well sitted fat ass (proportionnaly), this low rocket form. It's badass. It just looks so fast, nice and like it could handle 1 g on the skidpad anytime. For the look I think there's simply no comparison.

unwound said:
agreed. toyota wanted a high-reving engine and suzuki designed one for them ( 1.8 in the celica GTS). you' d have to redline it to get the power out of it.

glad my girl went with a base RSX instead, if that tells ya anything.

It was yamaha not suzuki that designed the engine just letting you know;)

Auzzie_Mp3 said:
i think i like my mazda better if i do say so myself mazdas just have better cars then toyota

HA that comment coming from a mazda owner, how are you gonna say mazda is better than toyota? look again bro cuz toyota is at number two on the big three that should tell you something. I agree that toyota is slackin a little bit, but they will come back with something.

unwound said:
i heard the reason for cutting the prelude was because of the rsx type-s. the were gonna be competeing with themselves for sales.
1. priced the same
2. 200HP VTEC
3. every young person wants one

4. sales were down too

hahaha.

unwound I might have to come watch that DVD :D

I wasnt at all impressed with the new celica design...but I will admit I was going to get an RSX type S when they said that my car might have been totaled (the first time, this las time I wanted the s/c mercedes hatch) Come to think of it If you put a prelude and an rsx in front of me and told me to choose. I would be there for hours...it makes total sense!

mister2 said:
HA that comment coming from a mazda owner, how are you gonna say mazda is better than toyota? look again bro cuz toyota is at number two on the big three that should tell you something. I agree that toyota is slackin a little bit, but they will come back with something.
yeah true...just wait mazdas going to come back as well...i heard they were bring back the rx7, not sure though

Also the MR2 sucked too. It's a lousy car compared to the older turbo mr2. They tried to make it a miata figher but it failed pretty bad.

I heard they were bringing the rx-7 back too...I guess well just have to wait to find out. Not sure they can improve on that design though.

sighhhhhhh

Attachments

• forest 2-7.jpg
    forest 2-7.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 54
Notorious said:
Also the MR2 sucked too. It's a lousy car compared to the older turbo mr2. They tried to make it a miata figher but it failed pretty bad.

I agree on that one, i think for the price toyota was asking, they should've put the 2ZZ engine instead of the freakin 1ZZ. The real MR2 that is out now is the new lotus elise! this is what the mr2 should've been, lightweight with an awesome lightly tuned engine.

MotegiMazdA said:
I heard they were bringing the rx-7 back too...I guess well just have to wait to find out. Not sure they can improve on that design though.

sighhhhhhh
heard that too. i also heard that nissan will be bringing over the skyline as an infiniti model (06-08 timeframe) and that toyota would counter it with a revived supra as a lexus model, possibly as early as the next gen sc coupe.

Hopefully it means future potential buyers of these soon to be defunct Toyota models will start opening there eyes to Mazdas...

On a side note...Everybody and there Mom has a Toyota...ever other car in SoCal is either a civic or corolla...accord or camry...they may be good cars..affordable...but I'd seriously refuse to even own a car if those were my only choices...but if you're only into going from A to B and you relate all to well with the movie Office Space...then I understand your attraction to the drone mobiles...even in Japan I see a civic or corolla once in a blue moon...which is GREAT! Even the mini cars have more character then the watered down mass market cars Toyota and Honda send to the states...on the other hand...they make what sells...so does that mean that some/most Americans have bad taste in cars? Hmmmm

Back