(NJ) 2003.5 Titanium MSProtege 49K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to look at this car. I'm gonna try not to post anything disparaging. Just the facts, and why I didnt buy it. Mostly things that were not mentioned in the ad or in any of the communications I had with the seller. Just trying to save anyone who might be looking to make a trip without knowing all the facts.

Front bumper is falling off.
Abs light is on. Was told its because there is air in the brake lines...
Right outside mirror broken off.
Right rear endlink broken
Stock sub enclosure is gone.
Lf wheel liner gone
Rf wheel liner half gone
Right side of car sits lower than left.
Car is slammed so the exhaust is an inch off the ground.
was told it was definitely a msp trans. Not so sure when I looked at it.
Was told the car is not tuned but I can buy an afc for more money.
It was raining out. I was told that I had better buy some wipers for it bc the ones on it were useless.

Just went to look at this car. I'm gonna try not to post anything disparaging. Just the facts, and why I didnt buy it. Mostly things that were not mentioned in the ad or in any of the communications I had with the seller. Just trying to save anyone who might be looking to make a trip without knowing all the facts.

Front bumper is falling off.
Abs light is on. Was told its because there is air in the brake lines...
Right outside mirror broken off.
Right rear endlink broken
Stock sub enclosure is gone.
Lf wheel liner gone
Rf wheel liner half gone
Right side of car sits lower than left.
Car is slammed so the exhaust is an inch off the ground.
was told it was definitely a msp trans. Not so sure when I looked at it.
Was told the car is not tuned but I can buy an afc for more money.
It was raining out. I was told that I had better buy some wipers for it bc the ones on it were useless.

wow... thanks for the heads-up!

Front bumper is missing plastic body screws, which I will buy and install for $3 and I will also put new wipers on did not realize they were worn that bad as I don't drive the car in the rain at all. The rear end links are awr and they are not broke, not sure why you think that it is or how you saw that if the car is an inch from the ground. the car is slammed and can be raised, you have that choose when you install coil overs, Did the tranny look different than a MSP tranny? Not to sure how you inspected the tranny, especially without test driving it. Purchased the tranny from a tit speed here off of the forums. And the mirror is clearly missing in the pictures, was not trying to hide that fact or purposely not mention it.

Front bumper is missing plastic body screws, which I will buy and install for $3 and I will also put new wipers on did not realize they were worn that bad as I don't drive the car in the rain at all. The rear end links are awr and they are not broke, not sure why you think that it is or how you saw that if the car is an inch from the ground. the car is slammed and can be raised, you have that choose when you install coil overs, Did the tranny look different than a MSP tranny? Not to sure how you inspected the tranny, especially without test driving it. Purchased the tranny from a tit speed here off of the forums. And the mirror is clearly missing in the pictures, was not trying to hide that fact or purposely not mention it.

biz said:
front bumper sag fix by nk2a - $50 (only way to fix the front bumper, anything else is BS and won't work)
wipers - $30
OEM mirror from dealership - $80 installed
OEM stock sub enclosure - $100
OEM replacement wheel liners - roughly $80 from dealership
uneven stance - $50 for alignment/spring adjustment
legitimate tune - $100

tranny - questionable since protegeV's report... but i'm not gonna hold that against it.

slammed - not a problem for me...

... close to $500 to fix/replace missing parts

the right rear endlink was dangling. it was either broken, or completely unscrewed itself since I saw it was threaded. I realize the car is slammed, its just that the exhaust hangs very low. Even if the suspension was raised a few inches the exhaust would still be super low.
Its not just plastic clips for the bumper. The tabs that are part of the bumper are ripped.
As for the trans, I asked specifically if it was a MSP trans that was put int he car and you said yes. To my knowledge all MSPs came with an LSD(however crappy they might be). When I came to look at the car your husband told me he wasnt sure if the trans had an LSD in it or not. Meaning he didnt know if it was an MSP or regular protege trans since that is the ONLY difference.
Yeah, my bad for not noticing the mirror in the pics. I did ask, however, in this very thread if the LF fender and RR 1/4 were the extent of the body damage and you said yes.

Look, it is what it is. It might very well be worth $4500 to someone willing to invest a lot of time and money to bring it back to life. I just felt very mislead after driving two hours each way. I would have made a lower offer based on what I felt it was worth, but ultimately I didnt feel safe driving it home two hours.

I will say to anyone who is still interested the interior is very clean and it has practically brand new tires on it. :D

guys stop shitting on her for sale thread. if you dont want it, then dont buy it. unless you are here to say good things about it, or to be a potential buyer, then kindly control yourself.

No, you have to post the good and the bad to protect potential buyers. I'm not randomly flaming, I actually looked at this car. Anyone think my waste of four hours and $60 in gas and tolls sounded like fun?

No, you have to post the good and the bad to protect potential buyers. I'm not randomly flaming, I actually looked at this car. Anyone think my waste of four hours and $60 in gas and tolls sounded like fun?

no you dont HAVE to do this. and im sure the seller would prefer if you didnt, so out of respect for her thread, just stop. i understand youre not happy about it, but you are potentially hurting offers for her car.

no you dont HAVE to do this. and im sure the seller would prefer if you didn't, so out of respect for her thread, just stop. i understand youre not happy about it, but you are potentially hurting offers for her car.

i want to buy it... and made an offer of her asking price, minus the costs of repairs/parts that weren't mentioned.

no you dont HAVE to do this. and im sure the seller would prefer if you didnt, so out of respect for her thread, just stop. i understand youre not happy about it, but you are potentially hurting offers for her car.

an how exactly is somebody who went and physically saw the car - and pointed out things that were left out of the FS posting doing anything wrong? if anything he's looking out for potential buyers. there's already plenty of sketchy-ness going on when buying used cars, and his post saved me a 2 hour trip and gas.

yeah, exactly. What kind of moderator are you? I posted an anonymous thread about this experience on another forum and was heavily exhorted to share my experience in the FS thread to inform other potential buyers. There is no hating going on here. Nothing slanderous or personal attacks. Im simply stating the facts about what I saw.

I know this is not as serious of a case,but just to make an analogy...What if the car had the airbags blown, different colored body panels, and the engine was knocking when I went to look at it? Would I be at fault for pooing on someone's for sale thread THEN?

an how exactly is somebody who went and physically saw the car - and pointed out things that were left out of the FS posting doing anything wrong? if anything he's looking out for potential buyers. there's already plenty of sketchy-ness going on when buying used cars, and his post saved me a 2 hour trip and gas.

Agreed, what ProtegeV was to provide a service to potential buyers and members of this board. In know way, shape or form is he hurting the seller as he may be protecting her as well from legal issues that could potentially arise too! If the car is in poor condition it should be noted and if the transmission is not a MSP tranny, that is another caveat to consider. I am not saying that she is misrepresenting what she is selling, but based on the asking price leaves me suspect as best.

Put "yourself" in the potential buyers shoes and say you spent your money, time and effort to purchase the can and ended up not getting what you expected, I am sure you would have been appreciative of someone giving you the heads up about the car.

No problem, As for the tranny what he said was he doesn't know if the stock lsd is in there or the open diff lsd they were replacing msp lsd's with. Its just about all cosmetics that need to be fixed the car runs great, I'm not sure if those cosmetics would affect the ride. The boost is stock so the car runs fine no black bumper from running too rich. No check engine light.

yeah, exactly. What kind of moderator are you? I posted an anonymous thread about this experience on another forum and was heavily exhorted to share my experience in the FS thread to inform other potential buyers. There is no hating going on here. Nothing slanderous or personal attacks. Im simply stating the facts about what I saw.

I know this is not as serious of a case,but just to make an analogy...What if the car had the airbags blown, different colored body panels, and the engine was knocking when I went to look at it? Would I be at fault for pooing on someone's for sale thread THEN?

sorry for trying to keep this for sale thread alive for the original poster. you guys have posted what was wrong, now leave it be.

sure youre "helping" other buyers, but if anyone is seriously consider buying this they will be able to see it on their own.

and fyi i am not a moderator for this for sale forum, im saying this as an average poster, because i would be pissed if someone came in and did this to one of my for sale threads.

what was needed to be said, has been said. now just feel free to let the for sale thread run its course.

Guys its not a waste of time to come and look at something before you buy it. That was the whole point of you coming up was to look at it, sorry you were so far away and felt you wasted your time. You didn't even test drive it. So if any potential buyers want came and check the car out for themselves and actually test drive it your more than welcome to. You can decide if the cosmetic damages are worth it or not. And if i fix the things thats wrong with it BIZ than i will price it at a fair price for a clean car with 49,6K miles on it. 4500 hence the imperfections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back