NH emission laws

jeff4880

:
08.5 speed 3
Does anybody know the emissions laws in NH? I would like to remove 1 of my cats on My speed 3 but don't want trouble trying to pass inspection.

I think it is mostly a visual inspection... I think there are others here that are running only 1 cat, and have passed inspection?

Please chime in "others" lol

I run no cats, and its mostly visual,but they do plug there computer into your car, so if your car throws a code for removing any of the cats it will not pass.

very very carefully, i am running only a highflow cat and its way away from where it should be and i don't throw any codes.

They will perform both a visual inspection and will plug your car into a computer that is tied into the DMV in Concord.

I thought the MS3 only has one cat? why would it have two? Its not like my Altima 3.5 with two manifolds and two cats. It also has 4 O2 sensors.

Last edited:
They hook it up to their computer, but keep in mind I have the SS AFC in my car and I didn't have any CEL's, but their computer showed that something in my car was basically trying to "cover" up an existing CEL. If it runs like s***, they will investigate further.

Okay here goes there is a visual inspection but the inspector wont know if the vehicle was equiped with 2 cats or not, most likely on a 4cyl you will only have 1 cat. However once the computer is plugged into the DLC it goes through a check list with the vehicle. If the computer shows its rediness monitors as Un-Ready with either cat the vehicle will fail for OBD II. Anything else I can help you guys with!!
<~~~~~=State Inspector

If it makes you feel any better I was do for a sticker in Feb. Still don't have one. I ended up peeling the orange part of the sticker off.

I also herd some people that needed a sticker that knew an inspection station plugging in another vehicle when it came down to the obd 2 part of the inspection....LMAO

if the vehicle has 2 cats from the factory then it needs it! Whether its 96 and newer or pre 96 it still requires all emission parts! Air pump, carbon cans, pcv valves, cats and so on...the only thing that is a benefit for pre 96 is if your check engine light is on it will pass..Any modification to your exhaust is a red flag to the inspector and will prompt further inspection...

I also herd some people that needed a sticker that knew an inspection station plugging in another vehicle when it came down to the obd 2 part of the inspection....LMAO

This is (or was) a big time scam/issue in California...especially with their harsh rules and strict laws.

Back