next meet - indoor karting

:
'92 Miata, '06 MS6
sup peoples, time to set up another fun meet!

This place was brought up by Marc, and after doing some reading it looks really cool. Indoor karting in Cinci, bit of a drive but should be a good time.

Prices are per race, each race is 8 minutes:

- 1 race: $20
- 2 races: $38
- 3 races: $54
- 5 races: $84
- 10 races: $145

We could rent out the track ($1k per hour) but I don't know how many people are allowed on track at a time. I'll be talking to them about a group rate\event, see what the conditions are. If you're interested, continue the list and we'll see how\when it goes.

Date: TBD, most likely a Sunday

1. Peaches

Everyone plans cool stuff when I'm gone! I got a couple of discounts from Robyn last Christmas for this place but haven't used them yet. It's owned/operated by a couple of local autocross guys. It's geared towards actual racing (as opposed to the bumper cars a lot of places are) so the track has traction and their tires are grippy. Have fun!

I'm potentially in, depending on the date and all.

Potentially in depending on date but having it on a Sunday and 5 hours away... :/ A Saturday would work better for me, plus I could bring another person. :)

depends on the date for me (and possibly getting a ride)

In. Depending on the date of course.

I've been to Full Throttle several times. Great, great place. The guys who started it are incredibly nice, and very involved with Cincy SCCA autocross.

This place is incredibly busy in the fall/winter on the weekends (naturally). So without some reservations in advance it is very unlikely that you will get time within 1-2 hours of when you arrive. The one time I went we showed up at 1-2pm and they were booked up until 5pm that night.

There are 8 drivers/karts per race IIRC.

Sorry about the unwatchable adjustment of the camera...

Pablo can't do Saturday due to work. Crazy bugger works 6 days a week and can only play on Sundays.

Are you guys still up, to doing this? Im up to taking my girl with me see how good she can drive : ) ha. Yeah lets do alittle mini Mazda race! Lemmme know

Either of those January dates look pretty good for me.

I will talk to Jen about those dates. I'm going to guess that the 12th will be our best option. Plus that will allow more time to check about a time and group rate.

yes, it would be best if we get a group so we can reserve a spot and depending on the # of people try to get a group rate.

It's a must. They are crazy busy on the weekends in the winter.

Lets try out the new one in columbus, it should be pretty cool, especialy if they have new gokarts. But who knows. Jan 12th is good I just went broke buying a s14 240sx for christmas, so a few weeks will help me get some kind of cash.

Back