Newly bought MSP on tuesday w/PROBLEMS

silvermsp88

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
HELP!

Here is a list of problems that I need help with.

Front motor mount is f'd up, which aftermarket one should I buy?
the *SU one looks nice, any other ideas? Just found out that the side mount is out too! Should i go stock with that one?
Answer: SU front mount

fntmnt.jpg

sidemount.jpg

The tranny sits on the bar under it!

trnny.jpg

The lower plastic hose is loose on my stock smic and will not tighten up.
Which smic should I but?
Fmic is too much, and Turbohoses has a nice V2 for cheap.

interpiping.jpg

The radio is an aftermarket one and it sucks, but I need help with the sub. Its not working but the amp light is on. Any ideas?
Answer: sub blown- need new JL audio 8in sub
Whack ass radio

whackassheadunit.jpg

The car has green Tein springs on but the front is lower than the rear. I cant even get one finger in the front but the rear is like 1.5 fingers. Any ideas?
Answer: fake tein springs need new struts and really green tein springs

faketeinsprings.jpg

reardrop.jpg

frontdorp.jpg

My rear sway bar is squeeking and its coming from the bushings, where do I get better ones?
Answer: replacement sway bar bushings from the dealer, not the originals.

rearswaybar.jpg

I have a vaccum leak from the three way solenoid for the fuel pressure regulator, the nipple is broken from the solenoid, where do I get a new one?
Answer: $72 part with my discount from the dealer.

solenoid.jpg

F'd up headlight connection!

headlightconnection.jpg

Door panels not put back in right!

doorpanels.jpg

Zip ties for battery hold down.
battconnection.jpg

Plus I have holes all over my dash where the meters used to be!

That should be all. PLZ HELP. THANKS!

Last edited:
dude... you seriously need to do some searching before posting all this stuff. ALL of the information you asked for has been discussed at length.

I'll do this for you:

corksport.com
protegegarage.com
montgomerymazda.com/partscenter.aspx
car-part.com

that should keep you busy for a good long while.

And I already answered your stereo and suspension question in the other threads you jacked....

seriously, SEARCH, I promise you'll find your answers luke.

Last edited:
HELP!

Here is a list of problems that I need help with.

Front motor mount is f'd up, which aftermarket one should I buy?
the Street Unit one looks nice, any other ideas?

The SU is fine. I've been using one for years. Just pic one, they are all pretty good. check www.protegegarage.com or SU site too

The lower plastic hose is loose on my stock smic and will not tighten up.
Which smic should I but?
Fmic is too much, and Turbohoses has a nice V2 for cheap.

The turbohoses or SU SMIC upgrade is pretty much your only choice. Same sites for that

The radio is an aftermarket one and it sucks, but I need help with the sub. Its not working but the amp light is on. Any ideas?

Check the RCA inputs in the back of the HU (dunno)

The car has green Tein springs on but the front is lower than the rear. I cant even get one finger in the front but the rear is like 1.5 fingers. Any ideas?
Springs were probably used for a P5. The spring perches on the rears of the MSP are different than the P5 which would cause the sever rake.

My rear sway bar is squeeking and its coming from the bushings, where do I get better ones?
Search for this one, its been covered many times over. Search for "clunk". The rear bushings need to be replaced.

dude... you seriously need to do some searching before posting all this stuff. ALL of the information you asked for has been discussed at length.

I'll do this for you:

corksport.com
protegegarage.com
montgomerymazda.com/partscenter.aspx
car-part.com

that should keep you busy for a good long while.

And I already answered your stereo and suspension question in the other threads you jacked....

seriously, SEARCH, I promise you'll find your answers luke.

i know, i didnt mean to jack them thats why i made this one. can u explain again? :)

so does this mean i need new springs? the shocks were leaking too i think.

If your shocks are leaking get new shocks. If you get new shocks for a regular protege the springs will work better since the perch will be at the right level.

the springs are fine, they're just a little long for our raised spring perches, so you end up with the ass end a bit tall.

if the shocks are leaking and you want to replace the springs I'd honestly consider coilovers, replace the struts and springs all in one shot. it'll be a couple hundred more, but... coilovers are nice.

like taylor said, a set of tokico blues NOT from a mazda dealer will have the standard perch location, and will even out the stance too.

the springs are fine, they're just a little long for our raised spring perches, so you end up with the ass end a bit tall.

if the shocks are leaking and you want to replace the springs I'd honestly consider coilovers, replace the struts and springs all in one shot. it'll be a couple hundred more, but... coilovers are nice.

Why does he need to replace springs? A set of Tokico Blues for $399 will replace the strut and fix the rake. Coilovers will be over double that... Not that coilovers aren't 100% better, but...

Back