newbie with a question

barcode808

:
2003 P5
Hello to all. I've been lurking for a while now and finally have a reason to post. You guys and gals really know your stuff, so I'll ask you rather than deal with service department run-a-round.

I have a 2003.5 Pro5 with about 2000 miles on it. Today on my way home from picking my wife up from work we noticed a high pitched whine coming from the car. It started doing it at 40 mph or so, and then started at lower speeds as well. I can't imagine I picked up a rock behind a pad, I would have noticed it sooner. The rotors were really hot when I checked them including the rears. I found that unusual since I don't abuse my brakes. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

This may hit far from the mark ... do you have your roof rack installed ? They are known to cause audible wind noise at around those speeds.

It might be a bad wheel bearing from the factory. Although it is not a common problem with Mazda's, like anything else, they might get a bad bearing every now and then from their supplier that they missed in their qc.

hello barcode and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to our Club. There are TWO BIG fridge'S in the corner with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. (stash)

make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!! (stash)

its really kind of hard to diagnose something like this way.....personally....if this is something it does ALL the time...take the car to the dealer..and have the service manager ride WITH YOU so you can SHOW him the problem....all to often you take the car in...they blow you off....tell you that everything is fine and you drive off and low and behold its still making the same noise....at least this way they can not deny that its making noise that it shouldn't.

Thanks for the welcome and the responses. It didn't make the noise again on my way to work tonight, so maybe i was jumping the gun a little.

Back