newbie here, and a question...

Greetings all!
I'm about to but a small compact wagon, and I'm really liking the Protege5. Does anyone know if a child stroller fit okay with room left in the trunk? Anyone have pics of their trunk loaded with stuff?

Thanks,
Norm

I'll take a picture for you tomorrow to show the room with the seats up and seats down, weather permtting.

miata-levin said:
Greetings all!
I'm about to but a small compact wagon, and I'm really liking the Protege5. Does anyone know if a child stroller fit okay with room left in the trunk? Anyone have pics of their trunk loaded with stuff?

Thanks,
Norm
I believe one of the major magazines (car and driver or motor trend) had an article w/the p5 in it. One of the pictures showed a band's entire equipment setup in the p5's trunk.

Welcome to the forums!

if the P5 can fit the box for a 27" tv in the hatch, then unless you've got a stroller made for king kong i would assume that it would fit :)

and yeah, the split folding rear seats are awesome - huge room available in this car.

What kind of stroller are you talking about? If it is a large one it will take up some room in the hatch but an umbrella stroller wont touch the cargo space.

As others have said, there is a lot of room and you have the 60/40 split seats, not to mention it is a blast to drive. :)

Most I have had in the hatch is 4 17x8 wheels with tires plus a box of hardware. Last summer I did a mock vacation load and was able to fit 2 large suitcases, 2 small suitcases, a cooler and 2 duffle bags with the cargo cover removed and the rear seats up!!!

Shasta said:
I'll take a picture for you tomorrow to show the room with the seats up and seats down, weather permtting.

Thanks, Shasta. It'll be much appreciated.

For the rest, thanks for the welcome and replies. The stroller will be for an infant, so it's the standard stroller that'll house the infant seat...then gradually be a regular baby stroller.....but not the umbrella stroller until possibly she's 9 months old

I'll also have a basinet to take with me whenever I take her, so that'll probably go right next the carseat if there's not enough room in the trunk.

Thanks guys!

I fit 6 six-foot fold up tables (the long ones they use at churches and career fairs) in my p5...hatch closed and everything. you should have PLENTY of room to fit a stroller lol

My sister actually has a P5 too, and is able to fit one of those huge "running" strollers in the trunk (w/ stroller folded up of course).

If all else fails, yes, the seats do fold down.

I've made 10x 9 foot sections of 2x4 tuck into my p5 with the hatch closed and my wife riding shotgun.

Back