New TomTom Nav Map Available

Help me with this. So I have the 2014, do I get an update or do I already have the latest?

Help me with this. So I have the 2014, do I get an update or do I already have the latest?

Yes, and maybe. LMG gives you 1 free update within 60 days of activating your navigation (maybe that means once you register your TomTom Home). By the end of March it'll likely be outdated. GAXIBM's note above indicates that TomTom is behind schedule on this quarter's update.

Tosee the maps version you have:
(http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9079/kw/current maps version)

Tap the screen to bring up the Main menu.
Tap Settings.
Tap Me and my device.
Tap About my device.
The version of the map is listed next to the name of the Map: ' Europe' v870.xxx, for instance.

Last edited:
I installed version 900.4615 tonight. It was a pain to install and TomTom home had to keep restarting itself and I kept getting server errors. My TomTom experience absolutely sucks so far with the device and the update process.

Best tips I can give are:

1. Insert the SD card into your computer before downloading TomTom Home and then launch the Home application from the card itself instead of downloading it from the website. The version on my card was older but worked where the other one had trouble recognizing my device.
2. Create a log in username and password and link your device to it.
3. Go straight to the tools menu and select "Use the Latest Maps Guarantee". I had issues going to the icons or the application options for updates etc.

I installed version 900.4615 tonight. It was a pain to install and TomTom home had to keep restarting itself and I kept getting server errors. My TomTom experience absolutely sucks so far with the device and the update process.

Unfortunately, that means the "LMG" gave you last year's maps, not the current 905 maps. I should enquire about this.

It was previously version 845.xxx so it appears to be newer. I bought a 2014 in February so I assumed with build time and shipping the update that was installed was 3-6 months old.

Correction: My previous version was 895.XXXX. The 905 update is current for Europe and other areas but not yet the US and Canada which 900 version is the most current. The 905 is coming sometime later in March for the US.

TomTom Versions and Schedule Versions Link

Last edited:
I have 890.xxx but I still have over a month to upgrade and be in the 60 day window. The way I read it you only get ONE upgrade so best wait for the 905.xxx or am I missing something.

I have 890.xxx but I still have over a month to upgrade and be in the 60 day window. The way I read it you only get ONE upgrade so best wait for the 905.xxx or am I missing something.

I am thinking the same thing....thanks backpackerx for the update coming in march.

The thing that irritates me is that people that don't research this issue and update the maps only to realize that the update only takes them to Nov12 when they have a new car purchased in Feb13. If they know what we do they would have waited until v905 was out and likely still have been in the 60 day window. This the fault of Mazda not pressuring TomTom. The best thing would have been to make the car Android compatible and we could use Google Maps like I do on my cell phone.

The thing that irritates me is that people that don't research this issue and update the maps only to realize that the update only takes them to Nov12 when they have a new car purchased in Feb13. If they know what we do they would have waited until v905 was out and likely still have been in the 60 day window. This the fault of Mazda not pressuring TomTom. The best thing would have been to make the car Android compatible and we could use Google Maps like I do on my cell phone.

The odd thing is that TomTom is not consistent. Check this out:
http://www.tomtom.com/7952

(1) It says 90 days.
(2) It says you can update as many times as you want in that 90 days, not just once.

That is NOT what they informed me before. Policy change?

PLUS, in that same webpage, they imply that us Mazda NB1 users do NOT get the LMG!
"The Latest Map Guarantee does not apply to ... Maps that came preinstalled on a memory card "

Had to contact Tom Tom as my "latest map guarantee" would not work.... to be fair they were very quick at responding and once I sent them proof of the date I purchased the car they then adjusted my Tom Tom account so the map updates work..... that was the easy bit.

It has taken me approx 4 hours to download and install the updated maps and a few other small items.... when downloading the maps it kept crashing, I had to restart it at least half a dozen times. It then took ages to copy from my PC unto the SD card.

Hopefully it'll work fine when I plug it into the car.... I will try this tomorrow as I don't wanna be sitting in the car for 4 hours tonight.

Apparently the "LMG" lasts for 90 days from date of car purchase and you can update the maps as many times as necessary in those 90 days.

I actually use google maps/navigation, and let it stream via BT, so I get turn by turn, but I do not have the live traffic, which I have yet to see on the tom tom. I'll add I havent spent time with the Tom Tom Nav. I'm not sure if the Google Maps via BT is an alternative for you.

What do you mean by streaming via Bluetooth? Just having the audio come over the speakers?

The live traffic shows up on the right side of the screen when you have a destination in. It looks like a finish line at the top and will show delays in minutes if there are any.

What do you mean by streaming via Bluetooth? Just having the audio come over the speakers?

The live traffic shows up on the right side of the screen when you have a destination in. It looks like a finish line at the top and will show delays in minutes if there are any.

Correct, the audio would stream over bluetooth, assuming you have it connected.

Basically, phone syncs with the BT, I then launch google maps, enter the address, click navigation, and off we go....

Had to contact Tom Tom as my "latest map guarantee" would not work.... to be fair they were very quick at responding and once I sent them proof of the date I purchased the car they then adjusted my Tom Tom account so the map updates work..... that was the easy bit.
Apparently the "LMG" lasts for 90 days from date of car purchase and you can update the maps as many times as necessary in those 90 days.

What was you proof of date? TomTom support sent me that link, and it does state that you can update more than once in the **90** days. The Mazda Navigation manual states "one-time" and "60 days." TomTom insisted they would comply with "90 days." The question I have is which is TomTom Home programmed to let us do? We'll have to wait 3 weeks to find out...

What was you proof of date? TomTom support sent me that link, and it does state that you can update more than once in the **90** days. The Mazda Navigation manual states "one-time" and "60 days." TomTom insisted they would comply with "90 days." The question I have is which is TomTom Home programmed to let us do? We'll have to wait 3 weeks to find out...

I sent the proof of the car registration date by scanning in the car registration document.
I updated my map to version 905 which is the recent update.

Back