New TomTom Nav Map Available

I after updating I get the irritating message about sharing information with TomTom, Yes or No. It happens every time I start the car. Is there a way to stop this?

I after updating I get the irritating message about sharing information with TomTom, Yes or No. It happens every time I start the car. Is there a way to stop this?

Stupid question but have you hit no? I had the same come up and when you hit no then done it won't show anymore.

Yes, it's in the setup menu, I think under start up or something similarly titled. I'm away from the car so don't have specific details.

TomTom site mentions that 905 maps for NA will be released the last week of March. Delay was reported to be due to last-minute inclusion of completed major construction.

905 maps were released Tuesday for NA (other regions got it weeks before). LMG is valid from 90 days of first use of device.

I updated... What a DISASTER!! The device will not move beyond the opening screen and/or waiting for valid GPS and the HOME application shows that the map has not been updated for 20 weeks, and it really has the latest map on it right now. Complete crap software update.

Just as a quick update: I was able to recover from a backup and perform the update again. I still get the message that my map has not been updated in 20 weeks. The NAV system works at least so if there are accidents or traffic redirections it can show me alternatives. I have also made a second backup to make sure if I run into these things again I will be able to quickly recover.

I updated... What a DISASTER!! The device will not move beyond the opening screen and/or waiting for valid GPS and the HOME application shows that the map has not been updated for 20 weeks, and it really has the latest map on it right now. Complete crap software update.

I get the same message about being 20 weeks out of date although it is the latest European map. There's also something about mapshare updates not being available. Perhaps there's something up with the TomTom servers at the moment?

Cheers

Jonno21

So after the LMG, does anyone know how much each update is going for?

Just wondering if it's more cost effective to pay for the yearly subscription, or just update the maps once a year. I figure that unless you live in a city that is experiencing rapid growth, the updates will help out, but for those cities that don't see a lot of growth or you don't drive to the newer parts of town, the map updates will probably not effect you that much and spending $$ on updates may be a waste.

I purchased my annual updates for I think 34 CAD (not including 13% taxes) for the year. I thought that was not a bad deal.

Back