New to us 2011 CX-9 GT AWD

:
'11 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
Hey all!

Picked up a 2011 CX-9 GT AWD Liquid Silver with Nav, DVD, factory hitch receiver. Mazda rear cargo mats arrived today and waiting at home.

Found lots of good info already from this site. Thank you all you previous owners!

Loving it and so far only real issue are really weak heated seats. I'm at 35k miles so I am getting them checked out next week by the dealer (where bought) before warranty runs out.

20140117_185107.jpeg

Loving it and so far only real issue are really weak heated seats. I'm at 35k miles so I am getting them checked out next week by the dealer (where bought) before warranty runs out.

I've heard a few complaints about the temp of the heated seats; this is my first car with them so I have nothing to compare them to. although, I did find there are a high and low setting, and after a while I find myself turning it down to the low setting.

i had updated another heated seats thread. i called the mazda dealership where i bought it and they said they would test it to make sure it is getting to the proper temperature. doesn't matter how long it takes as long as it gets there it is considered functioning properly. after driving it around some more i did at one point get enough heat where i turned it to low. so, i decided not to bring it in. i feel they are very weak heated seats but i think given time (and assistance from the HVAC system) they do heat up... eventually.

Welcome from a former hoosier, I hope you have a great experience in your new-to-you '11.

Congrats!
Seems this winter, on this board, everyone has started complaining about the heated seats. I don't remember any topics before this winter on this issue.
Seems old man winter is getting the best of everyone this year.
They don't get hot, but they serve their purpose. When the leather is cold, I just like to feel that warm sensation as they warm up. Just so long as they're not cold anymore. I always start the car when its in the garage and let it warm up for about 5 - 10 min with the heater on. Then as we're heading out, I feel the heated seat within 3 or 4 minutes. If the car is out and about parked somewhere, and then I start it up, turn on the heat seater and go on my way, it takes probly 3 or 4 min before I feel it. nbd.

Back