New to the mazda world, need some help.

:
02 mazda protege lx
I have a 2002 mazda protege lx (maroon) 164,000 on it and only a one owner. Car is completely stock hasn't been messed with at all. So I'm ready you start my build. I'm just a little lost on finding aftermarket parts, I'm use to building honda's but I got tired of that sense, plus my father has always had mazdas so I figured I'd try something new. I went on eBay like always to search for parts and to be honest there isn't much to choose from. All I'm looking for right now is the mazda speed protege springs to lower it just a bit not to much, and also a upgrade to the sway bars and other suspension parts. I'd like to keep it all mazda parts it just seems I cant find any parts anywhere. Is there something I'm missing or not looking up right. Like I said I'd like to upgrade the suspension. Not to low but keep them mazda parts. If anyone would kindly give me some info it would help me out a lot. My budget isn't the best but I'd figure I'd do one thing at a time and do this build slow and right the first time.

The easiest upgrade suspensionwise while keeping it mazda is to put on mazdaspeed components. There's a handful of online stores that sponsor mazdas247 as well as a classifieds on the site.
Also finding what you want then posting a WTB list can't hurt.
Sorry nothing specific but it can't hurt right

do yourself a favor, and forget about the MSP springs and struts. they aren't that great.

if you want to keep it simple, get a set of tein s-techs, tokico HP struts, MSP rear sway bar with clunk fix brackets, and a protege5 front strut bar. (make sure you get the brackets, too) then, be done with the suspension.

if you want adjustability, look into the BC Racing coilovers.

Back