New to mazda

tdfiver

:
cx5 sport nav
Hello everyone, I get my CX5 Sport Nav on Saturday after waiting since end November !! I cannot wait, I've never waited sooooooo long for a car before, I so hope it's worth the wait. I dithered over the CX5, Toyota RAV 4 and Honda CRV 2.2 and also looked at the Volvo XC60, but in the end the Mazda was the best to drive and handles so well too.

I live up in the Scottish Highlands near to Cromarty (20 miles north Inverness) and this car replaces our aging Volvo V50, we also have a Land Rover Defender T5 which I use for proper off roading in our lovely countryside.

I'm puzzled over the talk of a new version of the CX5, our dealer in Perth never mentioned any forthcoming updates, but as it was back in November maybe he didn't know, anyway what ever we get will be okay with me, the cars for the wife anyway.

We got a reasonable deal, no part exchange as we sold our Volvo privately, we paid 26400 for a Diesel (175bhp) Sport AWD Nav, which included Mazda mats, mud flaps, rear boot rubber mat and Grey metallic paint so for the spec we are very happy.

I feel sorry for the American cousins who don't get any where near the spec we get, except for the moonroof ?? my daughter in Edmonton Alberta has just bought a Mitsubishi ASX but really wanted the CX5 and after seeing what we are getting she was disappointed in their spec.

Heres to many happy years of motoring as we keep cars rather than swapping every few years.

Welcome and congratulations on the new Mazda! I agree that our options are very limited stateside regarding options. I configured a CX-5 on the UK site last week exactly the way I wanted - a fully loaded manual in the color I wanted with most options. Unfortunately, I can only window shop for my dream configuration as I cannot purchase it here.

Please post a photo of your CX-5 when you get it, the picturesque Scottish countryside will serve nicely as a backdrop.

Congratulations with the Mazda ! My CX-5 (Crystal White Pearl and FWD 165 bhp) will appear by the end of january......The Mazda seems to be more cheaper in England than in the Netherlands ! I paid for my FWD Skylease + petrolhead 28.559 British pound sterling !!! (changing from Euro to BPS)

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I get my CX5 Sport Nav on Saturday after waiting since end November !! I cannot wait, I've never waited sooooooo long for a car before, I so hope it's worth the wait. I dithered over the CX5, Toyota RAV 4 and Honda CRV 2.2 and also looked at the Volvo XC60, but in the end the Mazda was the best to drive and handles so well too.

I live up in the Scottish Highlands near to Cromarty (20 miles north Inverness) and this car replaces our aging Volvo V50, we also have a Land Rover Defender T5 which I use for proper off roading in our lovely countryside.

I'm puzzled over the talk of a new version of the CX5, our dealer in Perth never mentioned any forthcoming updates, but as it was back in November maybe he didn't know, anyway what ever we get will be okay with me, the cars for the wife anyway.

We got a reasonable deal, no part exchange as we sold our Volvo privately, we paid 26400 for a Diesel (175bhp) Sport AWD Nav, which included Mazda mats, mud flaps, rear boot rubber mat and Grey metallic paint so for the spec we are very happy.

I feel sorry for the American cousins who don't get any where near the spec we get, except for the moonroof ?? my daughter in Edmonton Alberta has just bought a Mitsubishi ASX but really wanted the CX5 and after seeing what we are getting she was disappointed in their spec.

Heres to many happy years of motoring as we keep cars rather than swapping every few years.

Congrats on the new car.
If this can make you feel any better regarding the long waiting time, well, I have placed my order for a 2.2 D 150BHP AWD AT Soul Red CX5 with Bose System, 19inch wheels and leather seats early August of last year. Car (October production) arrived in port on the 27th of December. It got to the dealer on the 9th of January due to Christmas holidays. Did insurance and paper work the day after on the 10th. Still waiting for it to be registered and get the number plates. So I still have not driven it a single inch. Sorry but I'm really pissed off waiting now.
Happy driving
Etienne

Last edited:

I wouldn't be too worried about any proposed facelift. Having had 3 MX5s as well as my current CX5, Mazda don't do big changes mid way through a model's life, just an occasional nip and tuck. For example my 2013 model has chrome highlights between the buttons on the infotainment system whereas a 2012 model doesn't. I have a MX5 mark 3.5 as it's known but I would guess 99% of the population couldn't tell the difference between that and a mark 3. (Primarily the shape of the radiator grille). The spec might change a little with some extras but I am very much in the camp that, for example, says the infotainment unit will outwardly remain the same but perhaps with different software.

I would be surprised if there were any bodywork changes, perhaps a change in the light clusters etc. but that is a process of evolution. Be happy in that you have a great car bought at what seems to be a highly competitive price and which is still comparatively rare compared to the ubiquitous Qashqais, iX35s etc.

Don't expect to get anywhere near the advertised mpg but it will still be better than pretty much anything comparable. It's solidly built, comfortable and actually handles and rides far better than such a high vehicle could be expected to.

Enjoy!

Rare ? yes, up here I have seen one (local) Sport AWD which appeared in November but thats it, though the population of the Highlands is about the size of a large city LOL. The wife is sooooooooooooo excited !!

Went out towards Torridon and Loch Maree in North West Highlands (Scotland) today and heres a few photos. First two outside the homestead.
Sorry they are a bit gloomy, time of year I'm afraid.

Attachments

• 20140119_131947.jpg
    20140119_131947.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 734
  • 20140119_132028.jpg
    20140119_132028.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 738
  • 20140119_132651.jpg
    20140119_132651.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 738
  • 20140119_132703.jpg
    20140119_132703.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 732
  • 20140119_133216.jpg
    20140119_133216.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 726
Went out towards Torridon and Loch Maree in North West Highlands (Scotland) today and heres a few photos. First two outside the homestead.
Sorry they are a bit gloomy, time of year I'm afraid.

Thank you for the photos! The home, landscape, and Mazda all look great!

Back