New to Mazda SUVs

RonK

2021 CX-9 GT
Hi. I'm getting a 2021 CX-9 GT in a few days. I'd appreciate some help/advice. First, did I do good in getting this? I had a Mazda 6 GT a while back and traded it in for a RAM 1500. Up until then, that car was the best I ever purchased. I test-drove this CX-9 and immediately fell in love with it. Quick question 1: Can I adjust the tailgate's "fully open" height as I'm afraid it may hit the garage door? Quick question 2: How can I tell if the tranny is the "X" version or not? Quick question 3: Can I run 275 60R20s on the 20-inch rims? Quick question 4: What K&N engine filter model do I need for this? Amazon only shows compatible filters up to Mazda 2012 models. Quick Question 5: I need to hear my tunes and I'd like to do so without going thru my smartphone. I saw that the Entertainment center only reads USB 2.0 flash drives and recommend only up to 16GB capacity. It would have been nice if it could have played at the least FLAC files for non-downmixed multichannel audio. But I also have a large library of DSF files. And finally, Quick Question 6: Anyone recommend a good seat cover for these (at least the first and second rows. Thanks in advance.

1--Yes. It's in the owner's manual. Be sure to get one. Press the liftgate button to open it. Press the button to stop the liftgate at the desired position. Press & hold the button for about 3 seconds. You'll hear two beeps that the new height is set.
3--Probably won't fit. Someone here knows for sure...
4--Save your money. K&N's only advantage is easy cleanability, good for someone in extremely dusty conditions. There is a never ending debate over where K&N offers adequate filtration. (The only time I've ever seen dust in the downstream side of one of my airboxes was after running a K&N.) There is no way any air filter can offer better gas mileage in any car since the '80s; electronic control doesn't allow a rich condition that could happen with a carburetor. The only way a less restrictive air filter may permit more power is at high rpm and wide open throttle...maybe...when the engine and the turbocharger are pumping air to their max. At other times the throttle is doing its job by, guess what, throttling the intake air to the engine or the engine isn't at high enough rpm to matter.

Thanks for that. What about the Audio USB ports? Was I correct about the ability to play only MP3s and other basic forms of audio files? And now I'm reading about a Class Action Lawsuit against Mazda for excessive oil consumption. Have they settled this yet?

I would suggest you read these two threads from the forum as they discuss issues that are of more concern than the audio USB ports.

WOW...can't seem to find the wiper blade dimensions. Amazon shows different sizes from maker to maker and the Specs in the Mazda manual never mention length of wipers only "How to replace them" Is it 24 18 and 14(rear) or 26 16-12? Can't believe these specs are omitted.

WOW...can't seem to find the wiper blade dimensions. Amazon shows different sizes from maker to maker and the Specs in the Mazda manual never mention length of wipers only "How to replace them" Is it 24 18 and 14(rear) or 26 16-12? Can't believe these specs are omitted.

Tape measure hasn't failed me yet. Additionally you can take the OEM wiper off and bring it in to the store to match the sizes up and ensure the wiper adapter matches the OEM one.

I think the original blades are made by the Mita Co., and the rubber insert is their AF design. Anyway, it's easy and very affordable to just replace the rubber insert with new ones from a dealer. They work great, they last a long time, and the fit is right. The rear wiper on the liftgate is a standard blade found in most wiper blade catalogs.

On what page in the manual do they address cabin filters and their replacement? I know where they are housed. I just need to know which way the air flows.

Mazda CONNECT. How many service plans are there? What functions do they offer? And what are the approx. costs? Thank you.

Back